There wasn't no one to push me to do my best in the school in Jamaica

shawnakay2017 1 / -  
How has your family history, culture, or environment influenced who you are?

My family history, culture, and environment has always influence who I am today as a person and who I will be in the future. I was born in Jamaica, growing up there was very hard because no one was there to push me to do my best in school, so instead I had to use my own initiative and set a goal I wanted to meet so I will be able to do my utmost best. And I am really glad I was raised that way because now I am able to rely on myself instead of constantly looking to others for affirmation, I am able to fend for myself not a lot of people can say that about themselves. I will be the first in my immediate family to walk across high school graduation stage, and first to pursue a bachelor's degree if i wasn't brought up that way I would not be on way accomplishing all this in life.
rian31 14 / 22  
haii shaw
i have some suggestions for you :

... who I am today as a person and who I will be in the future. I was born in Jamaica, growing upgrowthin there was very hard because ...

And I am really glad I was raised that way because now I am able to rely on myself instead of constantly looking to others for affirmation...

... pursue a bachelor's degree if i wasn'twas not brought up that way I would ...
Faridadwi18 67 / 104 13  
Hi shaw,

- I was born in Jamaica, growing upgrowthin there was very hard because no one was there to pushpushed me to do my best in school,

- so instead I had to useused my own initiative and set a goal which I wanted to (...) to do my utmost best.
- And I am really glad I wasto be raised that way because now I am able to rely on ...
- I am able to fend for myself and not a lot ofall people can say ...

Hopefully it helps.

Home / Undergraduate / There wasn't no one to push me to do my best in the school in Jamaica