Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"One should never stop learning" / KOREAN ART- US college app

Shin80 1 / -  
"One should never, never, never stop learning" I used to hear of it during entire of my life time from my father. When I was a teenager, I never understood what my father truly wanted to make understand me. Was it just saying for me to study well? Or was he saying for his pride from fact that he's daughter was academically advanced than other students? I was very confused and conflicted during my youth time. Since I became a college student and was hired by a company after graduate college, I had realized that what my father truly wanted to say about. My father works at a company more than 25years and he never moved or changes his job. And during 25years he never give up to develop himself; he always read a book and never lazy to learn foreign languages. He always hunger to learn something he did not know. As my ages getting order, I did not notice but my life style has become a likeness to my father. And I never regret that I become a like my father, I feel delight when I learn something new. I believe what my father truly wanted say. "Learning is a joyful and achievement of entire my life."

When I was an elementary school student, I found out, I had an interest and aptitude for an art. With my passion on my art it leaded me to study at Sunhwa Art High school and study a fiber art at Ehwa Women University. With using of shear, dying a fiber, weaving, embroidery for main materials, I tried to express a fiber art during college years. Sensitivity creativity and diversity was must requirements at the embroidery, And I found out that I had a talents on embroidery. And with diversity of embroidery, I had desire to use it practically to cloths. My desire leaded me to work at LG Fashion. When I was taking an examination for service in a business company my portfolio had been admired company's staff and the company gave me a position at brand name "DAKS" It was a good opportunity to develop my art senses and career during 2years and I tried my best with my passion of art. But during I worked at Korean company name "LG Fashion," I had realized it was limited to develop my art sense compare to other countries especially USA. I wanted to stay equal with USA's fabric art level. I am still hunger to learn more about fabric art and silhouette, because I believe art is unlimited and my unlimited passion on art had lead me to apply this school.

When I was a sophomore at university, I studied as an interchanged student for taking summer class. After finish my class, I reminded myself "someday I would come here again and study fashion whatever it cost" and I really interest in art sense and practical uses of art, I believe this school has very advance education system on that than other academic place. My specialty is drawing and creativeness, I have strong faith that I could me more professional if I study here. And my ultimate goal is making Korean art stay equal with USA.

Home / Undergraduate / "One should never stop learning" / KOREAN ART- US college app