Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"No one can take your education away from you"; NYU/Transfer/ Reasons &Objectives

CoraMan 1 / -  
I am having so much trouble with this and I feel like my essay is extremely jumbly. It is hard to just state your reasons for wanting to transfer when you are trying to write a cohesive essay. I appreciate everyone's help and everyone's blatant honesty! Thank you!

As I entered college this fall, my mother not only gave me red envelopes to bring me good luck in my studies, but also told me what has stuck with me while I was away from home, "No one can take your education away from you. Only you can." I did not fully understand the true meaning behind these words, until I experienced life as a college student among my other peers. Being a young woman enrolled in a university, I have the world in front of me and I have the ability to decide who I want to become. I am blessed with the chance of reaching every career at my fingertips, but it is only a matter if I want to purse that path. I can do anything my heart desires I want to become a pediatrician.

Attending Stony Brook University for these past two semesters, I have accomplished many of the things that I did with the help of its amazing advisors and resources. I have achieved the Dean's List of Distinguished Students, received a grade point average of 4.00 and currently hold executive board positions in all of the three clubs I participate in. I have met new and exciting friends that have led lives opposite of mine. I learned the freedom and independence of being a young adult living on my own, without having my mother pestering me to clean my room or to take a shower. Stony Brook has quite a large number of students involved on its campus, but it is such a tight-knit community. With every culture and every background located in one campus is an ideal meeting ground to make great friends and encounter exciting individuals. Stony Brook has provided me with what I needed to strive and succeed in my own personal and academic goals. Small accomplishments give you the strength to push further to achieve bigger ambitions. Stony Brook has given me the confidence to explore the various options that different programs offer and to pursue things that may seem out of my reach. You miss all of the opportunities you do not chase and I am not ready to lose out of on those experiences.

Transferring to a different university does not mean that I have made a mistake in past choosing the institution that I am enrolled in now, but merely is an opportunity to further my education where I can more tightly focus on the studies I am interested in. During my first semester at college, I declared myself as a Pre-Health student, double majoring in Health Science and Psychology. Although Stony Brook University does not offer the field of study I was primarily attracted to, I did choose those that were relevant to my career interests. While New York University offers a Child and Adolescent Psychology track and Developmental Psychology as a primary concentration, I believe that the next step for me is to take an opportunity as transferring to a different university to further my ambition of becoming a pediatrician.

Home / Undergraduate / "No one can take your education away from you"; NYU/Transfer/ Reasons &Objectives