One thing I learned from our band - Dont be ugly Wallpaper - C. Gottesman 2015

MayaAngelou 2 / 2  
Everyone belongs to many different communities and/or groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interest, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong, and describe that community and your place within it.

"Don't be ugly wallpaper!" Mr. Gottesman bellows as we all recoil jokingly, knowing that it was but one of the many archaic metaphors he used to explain proper musicianship. I belong to a very unique community that includes revolutionaries such as Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington. Our brush is our instrument, and the canvas is a vacant hall yearning to be filled with the various blends and tones our instruments make when coupled together in complete harmony. To be more specific, the community I am referring to is our proud Spartan Jazz Band. In this community we are only as strong as our weakest link. We are united by our undying love for music, and we gain fulfillment in making sure each link is as tight as a tick. "Don't be ugly wallpaper!" Mr. Gottesman bellows, one of the common phrases used to express dynamics and color. Don't be afraid to question status quo, splash color and life into everything you do. Whether it's blowing a horn or brushing your teeth, you will never catch me plastered on the wall of some tacky two star hotel.
IqbalThemi 44 / 46 13  
Mr. Gottesman bellows as we all recoil jokingly, knowing that it was but one of the many archaic metaphors he used to explain proper musicianship. As such, I belong to a very unique community that includes revolutionaries such as Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington.
"Don't be ugly wallpaper!" Mr. Gottesman bellows,In addition, Mr. Gottesmann also said that one of the common phrases used to express dynamics and color. Don't beDo not be afraid to the question status quo, splash color and life into everything you do. Whether it'sit is blowing a horn or brushing your teeth, you will never catch me plastered on the wall of some tacky two star hotel.

What you write actually is good but it is better for you to make more sentences so we, reader, can correct more and suggest you more how to write good essay. Generally, writers usually make introduction in beginning their essay, then topic sentence, supporting sentence, making possible example and conclusion at the end of essay so that you have essay with good structures and this can lead readers to understand easily what you mean in your essay. I wait you for your new essay then we can learn writing together. Keep Studying dude...
OP MayaAngelou 2 / 2  
Thank you I'm still learning as a writer. I wrote it shorter than usual because the prompt said it had to be around 200 words or so. The question i have is why do i get rid of the second iteration of "Don't be ugly wallpaper!" Mr. Gottesman bellows, I feel like repeating that a second time would bring closure to the message of the story and bring it full circle

Thank you in advance for your feedback

Home / Undergraduate / One thing I learned from our band - Dont be ugly Wallpaper - C. Gottesman 2015