I am more open to different perspectives ; Ben Franklin movable prompt

crazydinosaur1 1 / -  
Ben Franklin once said, "All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move." Which are you? (Please answer in 300-500 words.)

Ever since I became familiar with the process of being relocated by my parents to a new locale, I'm quite literally considering myself to be movable. Through this process I have become adaptable to my environment, and deem myself to be movable not just physically but in thought and action.

Although Ben Franklin was considered to be a mover and shaker, someone that was able to influence others and make considerable achievements in his time, I would say that I am fluid in that although I believe that I should be in an immovable state in terms of ethics and morals, with words I should move fluently, and while acting my body should be moving swiftly. In accordance with Penn's motto, "laws without morals are nothing," I am obstinately stubborn in my beliefs and morals. If ever I was to be in a situation which tested by morality, I would unwavering in my decisions to do what is morally true. Perhaps due to being trapped in my own bubble, my naĂŻvetĂŠ may have been more detrimental to me than beneficial, unable to be neither malleable nor easily influenced by others.

As I grew older, I realized that being engrossed in my own bubble leads for a very stagnant and ultimately unfulfilling life, so as with the process of growing older and wiser, I grew to be more fluid like a swiftly moving river; I truly believe that one should learn all the techniques about the art of living. I am more open to different perspectives as an open-minded person should be. I move myself willingly through my motivational drive to obtain the things that I strive for. Although I may not be able to be able to completely change direction at the drop of a hat just yet, I believe that every day is an opportunity to eventually transform into the person that you yearn to become. While at the same time there is a considerable amount of risk in being a mover, I hope to one day develop into such an individual.
sumit gadhiya 1 / 3  
it is very short but vocabulary is so good. you have less grammatical mistakes.
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
Overall, very unique answer, as it speaks of your development and commitment to keep bettering yourself. However, I got a little lost in the vague sentences and metaphors in the final paragraph of your essay. Don't just tell me that you're more open. What do you do in school or in extracurriculars or at home or elsewhere that shows that you are more open?

Home / Undergraduate / I am more open to different perspectives ; Ben Franklin movable prompt