"Open Gym at the Roseville PAL" - your extracurricular activities, work experiences

jshah 4 / 12  
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (150 words or fewer, 1000 character maximum):

Open Gym at the Roseville PAL was my first experience with community service and work. As a youth leader at the Police Activities League involved looking after children who attended the day camp to stay out of trouble and spend their time doing something more productive. The children I met came from all walks of life, with different stories and backgrounds. One child I connected with on a personal level was Alfredo, a young Mexican boy. Alfredo was constantly bullied by teenagers due to various reasons, and that was when decided to defend him and be his friend during his days at PAL. The experience at PAL helped me learn that a little help goes a long way. I helped various children, besides Alfredo, overcome difficulties by lending an ear or a helping hand. Working at PAL made my first experience with community service truly worthwhile as I felt the work benifitted my community by making it a better place.

I'm not really sure how to end it.

If you could help with that, and also check the content to make sure it's alright.

THank you :)
ac2011 3 / 10  
First of all this is a great essay, there's only a few errors but it's good nonetheless. Here are some suggestions, with an 150 word limit I understand you may have to pick and choose =/
xblo0x 6 / 8  
various children
various reasons

Change one "various" to another word, possibly "I helped numerous children, like..."
OP jshah 4 / 12  
Thank you Xblo0x and ac2011
I am certainly going to use the feedback :)

Home / Undergraduate / "Open Gym at the Roseville PAL" - your extracurricular activities, work experiences