Opens opportunities; NORTHWESTERN SUPP. - WHY NU?

ykang001 1 / -  
Hi, this is the first time I am writing on this Forum.
I need comments and suggestions on my NU Supplement.

Here is the prompt:
What are the unique qualities of Northwestern - and of the specific undergraduate school to which you are applying - that make you want to attend the University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified?

At a young age, I enjoyed the opportunity of traveling around the world. In the blink of an eye, I was at the steps of Angkor Wat in Cambodia. And in another blink, I was half way around the globe, enjoying the night view of Paris from the Eiffel Tower. Through this itinerary lifestyle, not only was I able to experience vastly diverse cultures but I also developed a desire for adventures, not afraid of leaving what I must. Now, I am more than ever ready to leave the warm beaches of Los Angeles and travel two thousand miles to a new home at Northwestern University.

College, as I perceive it, must open up opportunities for the students to pursue their passion and goal, by offering the necessary coursework and providing a room for exploration. The International Studies Program at the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences is the very institution that I have been yearning for. By imbuing with the ability to critically analyze international affairs, this program will allow me to expand on my passion for creating a global enterprise. I will learn the necessary economic principles and policies of different nations in this program. Also, as a innate traveler, I will love to study first-hand in foreign countries all the while enjoying the thrill of adventuring new lands. But most importantly, the fact that International Relations Program requires a disciplinary major yet enthralls me since pursuing Economics will definitely hone my skills in becoming an entrepreneur in the global market.

Additional to the academic rigor, Northwestern exhibits a highly diverse student body, as the very color of the school suggests; purple results from a mixture of two vastly different colors, blue and red. Likewise, I will bring a color of my own life experiences to the school and interweave a new cultural understanding along with different individuals, removing the social and cultural barriers in between. Starting from the Dance Marathon and the Big Ten football game where the entire university participates and comes together to the small gatherings at the Global CafĂŠ where I will acquire an opportunity to share my thoughts on international issues with classmates, I will grow to truly appreciate the university. I will not only gain from this experience but also contribute to the community of the school.

I have searched and found the perfect university where I can pursue my passion for both business and adventure, all the while experiencing whole new cultures and contributing to the community. Without a doubt, Northwestern University is a perfect match for me.

Thank you!
gdiazdeleon 2 / 7 1  
Now, I am more than ever ready to leave the warm beaches of Los Angeles and travel two thousand miles to a new home at Northwestern University.

Maybe you could say something like "Now, more than ever, I am ready..."

College, as I perceive it, must open up opportunities for the students to pursue their passion and goal

passions and goals ?

But most importantly, the fact that International Relations Program requires a disciplinary major yet enthralls me since pursuing Economics will definitely hone my skills in becoming an entrepreneur in the global market.

Sounds kinda weird maybe you could change it to something like "But most importantly, the fact that International Relations Program requires a disciplinary major enthralls me to...

Starting from the Dance Marathon and the Big Ten football game where the entire university participates and comes together to the small gatherings at the Global CafĂŠ where I will acquire an opportunity to share my thoughts on international issues with classmates, I will grow to truly appreciate the university.

My english teacher told me thats its safe to assume knowledge! (i think they might know such event, so you could maybe list more or add to how they fascinate you)

Overall I like it! Good luck!

Please help me with mine, i'd appreciate it alot :)

Home / Undergraduate / Opens opportunities; NORTHWESTERN SUPP. - WHY NU?