Oprah Winfrey + Winter Break + Programs - Syracuse Short Answer

bbish520 8 / 30  
Who is the person you dream of becoming and how do you believe Syracuse University can help you achieve this?

I dreamt of becoming a strong, successful woman who can make a difference in this world. A great example of who I want to become would be Oprah Winfrey, an American television host. Despite being born into poverty in Mississippi to a teenage single mother, she had made a name for herself worldwide. She faced many hardships including being raped at the age of nine and later becoming pregnant at age 14. It really hard to imagine the hardship that a child had to face at such a tender age but regardless of that, she now is considered one of the most influential woman in the world. She is a strong woman who should be admired by many. In Syracuse I would be able to develop into a strong woman with the proper education to make myself successful in the future.

Our mission of Scholarship in Action, education for the world in the world, extends beyond the classroom to include engagement opportunities with our campus community, the City of Syracuse, and locations across the globe. Based on your interests, tell us what real-world experiences you might pursue during your education at Syracuse as part of this mission.

The idea of just sitting in a classroom and hearing lectures from professors really doesn't appeal to me. When I heard about the vision of Syracuse, which extends education beyond the classroom, I couldn't wait to do more research on the university. As I enter Syracuse University's website, the first thing I notice was the SU Spotlight. It was an article regarding SU Florence alumni from around the world that were reuniting in Florence. After reading through the article I feel like I really want to partake in this study aboard program. I would love to be able to reunite one day with other study aboard students and hold a festival where around a table to discuss how we live that part of our life and how it affect us in different ways. With this idea in mind, I would love to be able to take the opportunities that Syracuse offer and participate in one of the many programs that Syracuse offer.

Please critic!! don't go easy on it! thanks
essceejay216 4 / 51  
I don't think that the first question should be answered with an actual person. I think the question is asking you what kind of person you want to become.

For the second prompt, you are going to have to come up with something better than learning how to operate a vacuum. What did you learn about work ethic? Also, it seems like you were complaining in the beginning, like you were dreading working in the restaurant. It's okay if you were, but you probably shouldn't include that part in your college essay.

You need to be more specific in answering the third prompt, because the question is specific. Keep in mind that "sitting in a classroom and hearing lectures" is a big part of college, so don't put that down as unappealing. Really research the university's programs and if study abroad is what you are interested in, then talk about a specific location and why you are interested in it. The bit about "I would like to reunite one day..." does not really make that much sense and doesn't answer the prompt.

Hope I helped :)

Read mine??
Fpoz 2 / 6  
You really improved your answers on that second post

Cashier... it's not a really hard job since all you have to do is take the order and then charge the customer.

I'd lose those three points and change the sentence to something like Being a cashier isn't the hardest job around,

that sentence would seem a little bit harsh but you really did great later in that answer

Home / Undergraduate / Oprah Winfrey + Winter Break + Programs - Syracuse Short Answer