"How to organize the contents of essay really well' " -UC prompt 1,2

ttlfh1 1 / -  
My first language is not English so there might be lots of grammar mistakes.
I think It contains a lot of religious thing, but I'm not sure if its ok or not!!
Please Look at it ~~ Thank You (my major is cognitive science!)

Prompt 1.
1) What is your intended major? Discuss how your interest in the subject developed and describe any experience you have had in the field - such as volunteer work, internships, employment, participation in student organizations and activities - and what you have gained from your involvement.

Throughout my childhood, many people asked that common question: "Then, what are you going to be when you grow up?" The answer came quickly and with certainty than I expected: "A counselor." To achieve my dream, I made up mind to major in cognitive science. Till finding my dream, a counselor, there were some opportunities to explore my skill and interest.

From my childhood, I visited several countries with missionary groups to help the poor and the disabled. I went to Indonesia, Australia, Japan and Mexico and met people in there. When I visited Ggambbong, a small countryside in Indonesia, I did a lot of farm in a potato and a sweet potato fields to help the native. Also, I have visited Denver, Seattle and Oregon in USA and Melbourne in Australia to perform Taekwondo and fan dance on the street as a volunteer work. Furthermore, as I visited a mountain village in Merida, Mexico, my group members and I handed out eye glasses because there were many people who could not read books due to weak eyesight. Although we spoke different language, we could communicate with our eye signs and body languages. The leader of one of the missionary groups said that people can give and take feelings through the cognitive ability.

After coming to U.S, I had a chance to provide counseling. At the first time in U.S, I was a stranger. I spoke different language and had different culture. It was not easy to get along with classmates who looked at me coldly. To make more friends, I joined volunteer work as a student counselor. My duty was to provide counseling to students who had concerns or worries. One day, I got an opportunity to comfort one classmate who suffered from parents' divorce. After my counseling she cried and said that she could understand and forgive her parents. It was amazing experience I had never had before. Throughout the plentiful experiences, I could find my skill and interest to be a counselor.

Through the various experiences, I discovered new facts. In my opinion, when people are shocked or have concerns or worries they cannot correctly think, judge or consider due to their emotional obstacles such as anger, sadness, fears, and so on. I think, however, most people except incompetents have ideas how to solve their problems but they cannot find the solutions which are in themselves. From where I stand, if they can communicate with internal ego of themselves, they can overcome all the problems that they have. I think my role as a counselor is to help people to communicate with themselves.

I recognized that I need to study more systematic theories to be a counselor. Therefore, I pick cognitive science up as my desired major to provide more scientific counseling. Now, I need more organized and practical study to achieve my dream.

Prompt 2.
2) Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution, or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud, and how does it relate to the person you are?

All the things are destroyed. It seemed that there was no more hope. Just dark cloud swooped down on my family. When I was a child, my father failed in his business. My family had to undergo financial hardships. My family needed to move a small house and faced to strange environment and strange people. To me, everything was in confusion. In addition, both my parents had to work for living. I was too young to do something for my family. The only thing I could do was just crying. However, my parents wanted me to trust God and to be a mutual person who could understand the poor's mind through our difficulty. My parents taught me to pursuit the life to serve the poor and the disabled and to set my heart on God. At the first time, I could not accept what they said. As time passed by, however, I recognized a very important fact. I came to this world with nothing and I will go to heaven with nothing. Therefore, anything could not let me down because I had nothing to lose. In addition, I have learned that to live for others not for myself is more valuable life. After changing my mind, I felt freedom from acquisitive instinct. My parents handed down very precious legacy which was not money but a lesson to serve others with humble mind. It is still the best lesson in my mind and I always tried to put it into practice.

To practice the lesson, I looked for volunteer jobs. Last summer, I got an opportunity to visit a mountain village in Merida State, Mexico to do volunteer work. Although Swine Flu was prevalent in there, I went to the village without any fear. Volunteers and I handed out supplies to the people. We had meals together, sang songs together and shared our feelings together. There were formidable physical dangers but we were happy. Many years from then, the volunteers and I may look back on those days as the most rewarding of our lives.

My parents could not turn money over to me but they left me the greatest heritage. I am proud of my parents and I who have recognized the secret. After completing my study in your school, I want to establish a non-profit organization to help the poor and the disabled. I do not want to be a celebrity or a person who is in front of 'Newsweek' or 'Times'. I just want to be a person to help the estranged with a humble attitude. If I have an opportunity to get more, it would be a sign to share more. If I have a chance to learn more, it would be a sign to support others with all that I know. Of course, I cannot save all the disadvantaged but I can try my best to help them in the given world to me.
...and met people in there. When I visited Ggambbong, a small countryside in Indonesia, I did a lot of farming in potato and sweet potato fields to help the natives. Also, I have visited Denver, Seattle and Oregon in the United States and Melbourne in Australia to perform Taekwondo and fan dance on the street and to participate i n volunteer work.

We had meals together, sang songs together, and shared our feelings. together .

Wow, I admire you!!

My parents do not have money for me to inherit, but they left me the greatest heritage. I am proud of my parents , and I who have recognized an important secret: After completing

If I have a chance to learn more, it will be a sign that I should support others with all that I know. Of course, I cannot save all the disadvantaged, but I can try my best to help them in the with what the world has given me.

Home / Undergraduate / "How to organize the contents of essay really well' " -UC prompt 1,2