OSU undergrad essay -- Why are you considering OSU

kmadhuri19 1 / -  
There are many reasons why I consider The Ohio State University the perfect match for me to pursue a career in Computer Engineering. I'm a motivated, outgoing individual trying to pursue a growing occupation. I believe OSU; will provide me with a great academic and social environment to ensure success in the working world. OSU being ranked in the top 50 for computer engineering provides adequate resources and a great research facility to pursue my goal. Along with providing the fundamental requirements to pursue a career in engineering, OSU provides a great opportunity for me to explore a vast arena of subjects. The rigorous courses at OSU will allow me to test my capabilities in an area of interest.

Along with providing a great education, OSU is a great stage to showcase my diversified talents. Being part of the Indian Student Association of OSU will give me an opportunity to educate the students around me of the vivid culture of India through dance, dramas and speeches. Growing up in outhouse in India, where the essential requirements of a house were not present has allowed me to view many social topics in a different perspective. The vibrant culture that is present at OSU, will give me a chance to interact with people of different backgrounds enhancing my communication skills.

From the information collected through a campus visit and talking to current OSU students have strengthened my view of why OSU is a great college to pursue my dream in Computer Engineering and a great stage to showcase my culture.

No offense taken through harsh critiques...
There are many reasons why I consider The Ohio State University the perfect match for me in my pursuit of a career in Computer Engineering. I'm a motivated, outgoing individual trying to pursue a growing occupation. I believe OSU will...

This is very clear, and it is full of good, thoughtful assertions. Is it supposed to be longer? If so, how about coming up with a theme that will become the personality of the essay? Maybe you will mention a philosophical idea -- the same idea at the beginning and the end.
ssuraj 4 / 7  
I liked the personal approach you took in explaining your personality and how OSU allows you to express it and excel. Just make sure you start out with a solid introductory paragraph with a thesis incorporating some theme as EF_kevin stated. other than that, the idea is good and it is written well. Good luck.

Home / Undergraduate / OSU undergrad essay -- Why are you considering OSU