Essay on my own novel, creativity, and physics

Awreccan 2 / 6  
OK so any help will be appreciated. Does the point go across satisfactorily? Can i do anything to improve it? Please help, I'm kind of desperate, the deadline is (OMG) TOMORROW !!

I revel in the thrill of being teased by the plot of a story. For me, the more convoluted the plot, the better. To be left so mystified by all complexities of a novel - the interconnections between seemingly unrelated characters, personal agendas of every character, twists, and misleading hints - that all you can do is submissively follow the story to its end for the answers you now crave - this is one of my greatest joys, for only in such brilliant compositions is the power of the arts - of creativity - truly manifest.

So one can easily imagine the potent passions the most labyrinthine mystery in the world evokes in me. The amalgam of subplots worked into the epic story of the universe itself - the hundred-over elements; their myriad compounds; the forces that keep the world from falling apart, sometimes even without contact; the random dance of particles we can't even see; and so forth - defies any apparent order, and yet order emerges, slowly but surely. The world is my mystery novel, and I want to be one of the detectives out to solve it. I want to be a physicist.

Despite the dichotomy between the arts and sciences firmly entrenched in my society, whenever I stop, stand still and let the mundane evaporate away, I can't help sensing behind art and science a tangible unity.

This unity has played a pivotal part in my life. At age ten, I started writing a story. Into it, I started pouring my own physics hypotheses and masked them, as in the stories I loved, under the most convoluted of plots. Today, after endless character makeovers, after losing all my work twice in computer crashes, and after the ritualistic cramming in of new subplots with every leap in my knowledge of physics, I'm the proud owner of the finished manuscript of "Sortilege", my very own science-fiction-fantasy novel. I'm happy that in this process, I was lucky enough to discover the unity of the arts and sciences, and to celebrate it.

However, my celebrations have only just begun. I hope my next stop on the road to celebrating this unity in all its aspects is the study of physics. I feel I can be an atypical, yet successful, physicist. Just as I got the arts and sciences to complement one another in my book, I think that I can enrich our knowledge of physics, too, using the arts - creativity in particular. Creativity, the ability to look at things with a different perspective, can yield the elusive questions that will lead to the right answers. We know that every scientific revolution is grounded in counter-intuitive - creative - ideas. I feel I can supply more of those ideas.

I'm glad that I've found my favorite story on the pages of the universe, and the best part is that the ending hasn't been written yet. I hope I, as a detective in this epic mystery, am able to solve its puzzles with a bit of my own flavor: creativity.

Please reply ASAP!!!!
kayyao 6 / 20  
shouldn't it be in the essay and term paper section?
good essay though
OP Awreccan 2 / 6  
thanks! this is the Undergrad Admission Essay section, if im not mistaken ...
OP Awreccan 2 / 6  
any more reviews?? i'd be really indebted to you!!!!
I'm very sorry I didn't get to help before the deadline had passed. Luckily, though, this is some kind of perfect composition. You don't need my help; we need your help, please check out the EF_Contributor page.

The way you used a colon at the end was elegant and powerful, great jog, you have a very useful talent as a "wordsmith."

Home / Undergraduate / Essay on my own novel, creativity, and physics