this paper significantly transformed me - pls edit this common app essay

ds816 1 / -  
In the space provided below, please elaborate on one of your activities (extracurricular, personal activities, or work experience)(150 words or fewer)

Where could I possibly begin? Newspaper, starting with my Freshman year and continuing through to the present, has taught me more than I could write in a mere 150 words. To name a few, it has taught me how to be a leader, a listener, a teacher, and a compromiser. I started as a shy ninth grader just trying to write an article good enough to be put in my award winning high school newspaper and have culminated as the Editor-in-Chief.

Not only has this paper significantly transformed me, but I have also greatly amended it. I have brought new sections, creative headers, increased numbers of contributors, greater school and hometown interest, among other changes.

My role on the high school newspaper has been a pinnacle in my high school career. I will carry on the lessons I have learned for the rest of my educational career and adult life.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
"...freshman ..."

"...editor-in-chief ..."

In regards to content, you are very concise and organized. Your piece is very impactful, and you have a strong voice. Nice work.

Home / Undergraduate / this paper significantly transformed me - pls edit this common app essay