'My parents are both artists' - Stanford Roommate Essay

4m4jordan4m4 8 / 16 1  
Dear Roommate,
I can't wait to get to meet you next year but I thought it would be nice to get to know each other a little before then. Well to start off my name is Malayka Jordan Mottarella; yes I know it's a mouthful. My middle name was named after Michael Jordan as my dad is a huge basketball fan. While I have always loved to watch basketball, I was never good at sports due to my immense lack of coordination. I warn you now don't ever throw anything to me and expect me to catch it, I won't.

Ironically despite my lack of coordination I have an immense passion for ballet, but beware if you put on music of any genre there is a high probability that I will have to bust a move. Perhaps this uncontrollable need to groove whenever I hear music is a symptom of my dance training, but more likely it can be attributed to an early exposure to a vast number of musicals. Yes, I won't deny it. I wish my life were a musical, complete with sappy love songs and bad dance moves.

If I'm not singing in the shower or dancing in the aisles at the grocery store, you will probably find me doing something crafty. My parents are both artists, and while I have never been able to draw or paint the way they can, I have always loved to scrapbook and make jewelry. I also love to cook, and therefore of course I love to eat, the spicier the better. While I have an adventurous taste for food, I am sorry to say I am a bit of a cowardly lion when it comes to most things. I hate horror movies and avoid roller coasters like the plague, so if you were looking for a fellow thrill seeker, I'm afraid you will be disappointed. While I am not much of a risk taker, I love to cozy up in my Snuggie with a cup of chai tea and a good murder mystery after a long day of studying.

I'm sure that whatever your interests are we will get along wonderfully. I am confident we will make many wonderful memories together in college and I can't wait for the adventures to begin.

All my best,
Malayka Jordan Mottarella
Hi,

Your essay sounds simple, yet very interesting .

I can't wait to get to meet you next year but I thought it would be nice to get to know each other a little before thenbefore that bid day and that would make us feel no strangers to one another.

Well to start off my name is Malayka Jordan Mottarella; yes I know it's a mouthful. My middle name was named after Michael Jordan as my dad is a huge basketball fan.

very nice : )
I was never good at sports due to my immense lack ofproblem with poor coordination.

I warn you now don't ever throw anything to me and expect me to catch it, I won't.

...lol

My parents are both artists

----------- yes... you may be having very creative genes.... this piece of writing proves that!
Good Job and GOOD LUCK!
uscuscusc 9 / 27 2  
The first sentence is what the common person would say, you need to stand out!
Its funny, not boring or just like "hey its me", it makes me want to have a cool roommate like you
ha
mish1493 2 / 4 1  
If this is to future roommate RELAXXXX! you are trying to be to formal, honestly would you write to a friend like this, probably not. This is not a business letter, or class essay, so have fun with it. Show you roommate the real you and that you like to have a good time. you are obviously outgoing because you are sending this to them, so show that. honestly don't freak your roommate out by them thinking you are a school prodigy

Home / Undergraduate / 'My parents are both artists' - Stanford Roommate Essay