My parents never attended college; CARE Summer Bridge Program at FSU

amwdance 1 / -  
I am applying to the CARE Summer Bridge Program at FSU which helps out first-generation college students with financial situations and helps students get to know the campus and faculty. The topic of the essay is to explain why I would like to be apart of the program.

Let me know of any corrections and if I should add more please :)

Throughout my life, I have witnessed the struggle that comes with not going to college. Neither of my parents attended college nor had any sort of schooling outside of high school. The CARE Summer Bridge Program at FSU is the ideal opportunity to start off my college career on a positive note. Since FSU has always been my first choice, the summer bridge program would really help me establish a sense of familiarity and comfort on the huge campus. Also, knowing that I would have such a strong support system pushing me to my full potential would really motivate me to do my absolute best. This program offers a type of guidance that flabbergasts me. When I went on a tour of FSU, I made it a point to speak with the CARE program. When I walked in, it was as if everyone already knew me and it felt as if I had another mother figure even though I was seven hours away from home. I bet every other student that spoke with the CARE program feels the way do, which only means it would be so exciting to be around a group of people who share the same ambition.

All in all, the CARE Summer Bridge Program at FSU would open up doors for me that I would have never thought possible. Being a first-generation college student is the most exciting opportunity to me and hopefully I will be able to experience it with the CARE program.
This program offers a type of guidance that flabbergasts me. ----- this is a strange word to use. Maybe you are flabbergasted by the high quality of guidance, or maybe you are IMPRESSED, but flabbergasted seems too much like you are "confused."

When I went on When I spoke with a representative from the CARE program during a tour of FSU, I made it a point to speak with the CARE program. When I walked in, it was as if everyone already knew me. and it felt as if I had another mother figure even though I was seven hours away from home. I bet every other student that spoke with the CARE program feels the way do, which only means it would be so exciting to be around a group of people who share the same ambition.

All in all, the CARE Summer Bridge Program at FSU would open up doors for me that I would have never thought possible. GIVE SEVERAL EXAMPLES

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / My parents never attended college; CARE Summer Bridge Program at FSU