Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'parents were born in a third world country' - Describe the world you come from

Arabo33 2 / 6  
Hi guys, I would really appreciate it if you guys could review my essay and tell me if its interesting. And please point out spelling/grammatical errors. Thanks.

Both of my parents were born in a third world country. Growing up in that kind of country, they never got the chance to get a proper education or even a decent job to have a good life. When I was only a year old, my parents decided to come to the United States of America so I could get the proper education to have a good life.

Growing up in California, my parents would always emphasize the importance of education and how closely it is related to being successful in life. I would not really pay attention to those words because I was just too young to know what it meant. All throughout the time I have gone to school, I have been a fairly good student but one year at school, my math grade began to decline. I was a kid and I thought there was more important things to do than get good grades in school. I got a C on my first test and my parents told me it was ok but they wanted me to get a better grade the second time. When my second test was graded, it turned out to be a D. When I was coming home that day, I was thinking that today is going to be the worst day of my life and that I am not going to be allowed to do anything. When I got home, my parents already knew that I had a bad grade because my teacher had already called and told them about it. Surprisingly, they were not mad. They took me to my room and started talking to me. They started telling me a story that I would never forget. They told me about their childhood where they grew up in a bad country where they could not go to school and they told me that there was no chance to go to college or let alone graduate from high school. Hearing my parents tell me these stories of about their childhood really changed me as a person because it made me realize how lucky I am to be living here where there are public schools that can give me the best education possible. From this talk I knew that truly the most important thing in life is having a good education and my dream from that day on has always been to go to college and get the best education possible to make my parents proud and myself proud. What turned out to be the worst day of my life came out to be the most life changing day of my young life.

Word Count=440

Home / Undergraduate / 'parents were born in a third world country' - Describe the world you come from