By being a part of the Madison community I have the best chance to make a difference

benzajac 1 / -  
When you ask someone to name some of the top engineering colleges in the country, many of them will come up with names such as MIT, Berkeley, or California Institute of Technology. Many people often look past one of the top ranked colleges in the world: UW Madison. Madison often rivals other colleges in the nation in many different fields. The University of Wisconsin Madison, to me, is the perfect college, and I know I'm a true badger at heart.

It is my dream to pursue a college degree at UW Madison because of my goal to work with professional engineers and physicists on a team focused on alternative energy, primarily nuclear power. Doing this would jumpstart my future career in nuclear or chemical engineering. I see nuclear energy as the future, and while working with a team focused on that, I have the ability to change and improve the future. Fossil fuels will eventually meet their demise. Being successful in creating an alternative source will ultimately save the planet. It is my vision to be a part of that.

Something I wish that I would've done more in high school is volunteer. I plan on making that up in college in my day to day life. At UW Madison, I plan on contributing to many student organizations, and giving back to the community. I plan to be a part of as many organizations as possible, whether they be sports, research teams, or just something to have constructive fun. I would also like to make up a missed mission trip to Africa in 2016.

Another huge goal of mine is to go on a study abroad program during my junior or senior year, and earn my Certificate of International Engineering, something that would benefit me greatly in my career by allowing me to work with people, companies, and issues overseas. I feel by immersing myself in a different culture, I would gain a greater understanding of how the world operates outside of the United States, which would help me become more successful in a future career.

By becoming a part of the Madison community I will have the best chance to make a difference, both in myself, and in this world. It will be a life changing experience, and I am ready for this new chapter in my life. A chapter in which I help shape the future of this planet. On Wisconsin.me. Thank You!
It is obvious that you have taken great pains to write this personal statement. You have successfully represented yourself based upon the supplied prompts and allowed the admissions officer a peek into who you are as a person, as a student, and a future engineer. There are just a few grammatical errors that need to be fixed in order to polish the paper further.

to name off some of the top engineering colleges

During my time in Madison, it is my goal to work with

- It has been my dream to pursue my college degree at UW Madison because of my goal to...

Doing this would jump start me into a future career in nuclear or chemical engineering.

- ... my career in...

while working on a team focused on that

- ... working with a team...

By being a part of the Madison community I have the best chance to make a difference,

- By becoming a part of... I will have the best...

I hope that you find my review and suggestions helpful in the finishing of your essay :-) Good luck with your application!
BachChaconne2 1 / 95 19  
The University of Wisconsin Madison, to me, is the perfect college , and I know I'm a true badger at heart.

It is my dream to pursue a college degree at UW Madison because of my goal to work with professional engineers and physicists on a team focused on alternative energy, primarily nuclear power . Doing this would jumpstart my future career in nuclear or chemical engineering .

By becoming a part of the Madison community I will have the best chance to make a difference, both in myself, and in this world . It will be ...

You can work on your reasons for choosing the University of Wisconsin at Madison. Please elaborate on the following. Why is it the perfect college? How does it complement your goal of working with professional engineers and physicists? How can the University of Wisconsin at Madison jumpstart your career in nuclear or chemical engineering? Why will you have the best chance to make a difference in yourself and in the world at this particular university?

Home / Undergraduate / By being a part of the Madison community I have the best chance to make a difference