'part in the story' - FILM AND VIDEO TECHNOLOGY

twitchtopsy 1 / -  
Movies have always had this way of drawing me in as if I was a part in the story. The way films unfolded always captured my imagination and has now led me to want a career in the film industry. But knowing the difficulties of establishing myself as a respected screenwriter or director has made me doubt my abilities in film production. It wasn't until I joined my school's video production club, which made me realize I can work in the film industry and someday write or direct great films. Although I joined the club a few months ago with no basic knowledge of film production, I've already established myself as a leader when it comes to filming projects for the club. With every scene I shoot; I learn more about myself, my abilities, and what it takes to work in the industry. This club has given me the confidence to enter this industry without doubts.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
The way films unfolded always captured my imagination and has now led me to want a career in the film industry.
This may sound better: "The way a movie plot unfolds inspires my imagination, and has led me to pursue a career in the film industry."

But knowing the difficulties of establishing myself as a respected screenwriter or director has made me doubt my abilities in film production.
No, this sounds too negative. Say it like this: "I was aware of the challenges and difficulties of establishing myself as a screenwriter."

It wasn't until I joined my school's video production club, which made me realize I can work in the film industry and someday write or direct great films.

Too much jumbled into one sentence. Say it like this perhaps: "Once I joined the video production club at school, I realized my true potential. I know that with the right education and skills, I can work in the film industry. I hope to write scripts and would love to direct successful films."

Home / Undergraduate / 'part in the story' - FILM AND VIDEO TECHNOLOGY