Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

To participate in CARE - program essay

geri2009 3 / -  
Throughout my life, I have always been in the absence of knowledge. I have to fight for answers and believe in individualism. My parents never went to college, in Peru academic opportunities were only provided to those who come from a wealthy family. For the first time in my life, I have an opportunity to be in a program that supports students like me; that have a thirst to have their dream realized and to have the opportunity to go to college- a dream that my parents never achieved.

"Why I would like to participate in CARE", this topic may seem simple but it is so complex. There are so many reasons I want to have the honor of being a part of CARE that it is over whelming. The transition of middle school to high school was so stunning that I am sure the transition from high school to college will be far more over powering. Thanks to the CARE program I will have guidance by my side. The CARE program provides academic support services, campus survival skills, and counseling that it will make the transition far more easier and better. I want to take full advantage of these opportunities that CARE provides, because I want to make the CARE program proud and to make not only myself and mother proud but FSU as well. My dream has always been to go to Florida State University and to become a dentist. I have always known this ever since my 1 year old brother was born. February 27th was the day I realized the big responsibility I was holding in my hands. I know my mother will not always be there so I know that I am the second mother of my brother. Through the CARE program I have the opportunity of being a Seminole and the opportunity to have an amazing education.

In High School I never had a anyone tell me about the responsibilities and facts about high school. I had to learn all these things by myself but now I have the CARE program guide me through college. The CARE program will teach me about FSU and give me tips on how to succeed in not only this university but also in life. This program means a lot to me because I never had this type of guidance before. Being part of the CARE program doesn't only mean having an academic advantage but it is also an opportunity to have friends. I cant wait to meet the other CARE members and to make life long friends. I want to thank Angela Richardson and the CARE program for this amazing opportunity you provide for me and for others who really need it.

Home / Undergraduate / To participate in CARE - program essay