'My passion is computer science' - Cornell Supplmentary Essay

koreanincambo 6 / 11  
Describe your intellectual interests, their evolution, and what makes them exciting to you. Tell us how you will utilize the academic programs in the College of Arts and Sceinces to further explore your interests, intended major, or field of study.

My intellectual passion is in the computer sciences. As I was deciding which IB courses to take in my junior year, I pondered about what I want to do in the future. I tried to imagine myself in 10 years, trying to see where I would be, and what I would be doing. For a whole good month, I was in utter confusion. I felt as if there was almost no future to me. It was that one day when I could clearly decide what I want to do. I stepped into my Information Technology in Global Society class, and my teacher started playing a TedX video about technology before the class. The presentation explained how fast the technology is developing, and how the world is going to change with all the novelties. That was when it struck me. I was fascinated by all the innovations of Google, Microsoft, and other corporations. I was so enthralled by these innovations that I felt I want to make a novel change in the world just like those innovations. I consulted the IT teachers at school, and I searched about what majors I could take. I looked into this matter rationally, and I was able to perceive the situation with a more mature state of the brain. Computer science captivated me once again. The security and programming languages courses offered at Cornell especially interested me. Because the 21st century is the age of information, protecting one's data and information will be crucial. I want to make a difference, bringing innovations just like the ones that I saw in the video that inspired me to pursue this course.

To achieve my dreams, I will try to completely utilize the education I receive from Cornell. Based on the theories taught through the courses offered at the department of Computer Science, I will bring new creations with a strong concept into existence. In addition, I vehemently believe that the biggest resource a student has in any school, including high schools and universities, is the faculty. I would like to constantly interact with the faculty members of the department of Computer Science and keep a friendly rapport in order to inquire about my studies and future actions. For example, I have an experience of soliciting help from Professor Noam Chomsky in MIT and Professor David P. Chandler in Monash University. I will make sure that I succeed in the society using the resources of the department of Computer Science at Cornell.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
As I was deciding which IB courses to take in my junior year, I spent time pondering about what I want to do in the future.

To me, it felt as if there was almost no future.to me.

I was fascinated by all the innovative technology of Google, Microsoft, and other corporations.

The presentation explained how fast the technology is developing, and how the world is going to change with all of these novelties.

I was so enthralled by these innovationsideas that I felt I wanted to make a novel change in the world.just like those innovations.

Home / Undergraduate / 'My passion is computer science' - Cornell Supplmentary Essay