Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

My Passion & Desire; Princeton - Why Engineering

Millin Gabani 10 / 22 1  
If you are interested in pursuing a B.S.E. (Bachelor of Science in Engineering) degree, please write a 300-500 word essay describing why you are interested in studying engineering, any experiences in or exposure to engineering you have had, and how you think the programs in engineering offered at Princeton suit your particular interests.

Total char - 4000

Essay char - 3918

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------
Science has been by favorite subject throughout my school life. Science intrigued me as I was keen in knowing scientific reasons behind any experiments or happenings. My good skills in mathematics helped me to solve the science related math questions quickly Thus I was able to evaluate more types of these questions in a day than any other student in my class. My contribution in science was about 7-8 hours in a day. This created a strong interest for science inside me.

As I reached my high school science divided into Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Biology seemed to be boring to me. Thus I selected Physics and Chemistry for my further high school studies. I was interested in both Physics and Chemistry, but my concern for physics was more. In Physics, the mechanics part grabbed most of my attention. I became fond of the machines and its capability to do a work accurate and so I decided to be an engineer.

My first encounter with machines tremendous power was when I went to my father's factory for first time. It was a diamond manufacturing factory. There were several kinds of machines in there - some for polishing, some for cleaning, some for marking and others for cutting diamonds. The machines did the work in a systematic and rhythmic way, as if they were military troops following order of their leader and marching in a disciplined manner. I loved to watch the machines working in the factory and it became my holidays visiting spot. As I grew, I began to ask my father about the function of each machine and whenever an engineer comes for monthly service of machines I asked him about principle used behind the machines. I founded it fascinating to watch the programs involving marvelous work of machines on discovery channel, TLC, etc. My affectionate towards engineering engaged me in conducting small science experiments that helped me understand the concepts of science and engineering more effectively. I began to repair the defected switch board, electric fuse board, water filter leaking pipe in my house. My involvement in activities marked my enthusiasm towards engineering. This way my interest for it was developed, and for my strong zeal towards engineering I desire to contribute the world with the machines that will help its people and itself to live, enhance and prosper more.

My engineering passion persuaded me to join a mechanical workshop or a factory for internship during summer vacations. But in India and particularly in my city, I was unlikely to find any type of internship and job that are for students and which help them to learn about engineering. But this did not restrict my dream, I wanted to understand the concepts of engineering, and thus I started to take tour of factories that made machines and learned concepts of mechanics form them. My experiences by visiting the factories were awesome.

My desire is to persuade engineering graduation from a world renowned university, and according to my research Princeton University is proved to be one of rare university which is also ranked among the top universities in world. According to Princeton's website, its faculties which are among the best in the United Stated of America, consists of the dedicated professors who have accomplished the most in their fields, who will provide their students all the support they need. In Addition to this, the community of students that Princeton University will provide me will not only consist of good friends but will also include the students that are talented and have similar interest that I have. Princeton's strength in liberal arts will be perfect platform for me to continue my passion in arts, painting and other core curriculums. Moreover program of study at Princeton emphasizes on engineering's scientific principles, and it will provide many opportunities for me to shine in my career. Thus Princeton is an ideal university for my dreams to come true.

Please provide the grammatical errors, good vocabulary and other suggestions in my essay.

Home / Undergraduate / My Passion & Desire; Princeton - Why Engineering