Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"my passion and drive to succeed as an artist" - SAIC Statement of purpose

Taratime 2 / 2  
Okay, so I am a high school senior and I am having allot of trouble writing this thing and I'm not sure how to approach the essay topic and I'm really nervous and I'm stressed about getting into this school because it is my #1 choice school and because of my poor ability to write papers. So here is what I have so far. Help will be greatly appreciated! :]

Writing is a very important component of being an artist. We will be looking closely at your ability to compose an essay, as well as the manner in which you utilize text as a tool. We are interested in finding out more about you, why you do what you do, and why you are a strong candidate for SAIC's undergraduate program. Please also include information about community service projects, exhibitions you have participated in, or any other activities that contribute to the making of your work.

I've always had trouble describing myself-- just something about the idea of telling people about who I am and why I do what I do has always been difficult for me. I guess I just never have found the right words to say until this year. I have always loved drawing and doodling and creating fun things when I was younger, except now my love for these things has evolved into a burn passion of expression and creativity. Having A.D.D and a non-verbal learning disorder had always created issues and difficulties with my success in "cookie cutter" education curriculums. High school has been the most challenging time for me mostly because of my Writing issue. Mother used to say "trying to make public school work for you is like trying to trying to shove a square peg in a round hole!" Having A.D.D doesn't mean I can't do the work that is expected of me or that I'm unintelligent, It just means that I express my intelligence in a different way than everyone else. Unfortunately, Traditional colleges, schools with conventional methods of learning, The Falmouth school system, and most of the teachers there don't fully grasp that concept. There is still one shining ray of hope left for me in my expedition for knowledge and fervor for art; and that is art school. But not just any art school, this is the Art School of art schools; The School of The Art Institute of Chicago is exactly what I am looking for in an art school. SAIC is the school that can most accurately fit with the way I learn and provide me with the right tools and opportunities to be a successful artist.

I think SAIC would really appreciate my passion and drive to succeed as an artist. I love experimenting with all different types of mediums. My mission is to create works that provoke thought and emotion. I thirst for knowledge and piece of mind and I am certain this school is the perfect fit for my artistic and philosophic needs that will thoroughly stimulate my artistic ability. I have grown tremendously since sophomore and junior year in Art One& Art two. My Assemblage was displayed in the Falmouth art gallery last year. I love to create things that move people, pull at their heart strings, which reach right into their subconscious and rip out the naked emotions often hidden from the untrained eye. I am very sensitive about my art; I put a part of me in every piece of artwork I create. Sort of like a little piece of my soul fused into every project. It's like self medication for me. Art is how I communicate who I am instead of using words. I aspire to become a fine artist that works with Companies like Urban Outfitters or Blood Is the New Black or RVCA. I am confident that SAIC can take me and my creative ability to new heights and achieve my dreams.

Home / Undergraduate / "my passion and drive to succeed as an artist" - SAIC Statement of purpose