(passion for music) MIT World+ Personality (focus on my goals) + Pleasure Prompts!

Jomaha23 7 / 29  
#1 We know you lead a busy life, full of activities, many of which are required of you. Tell us about something you do for the pleasure of it. (*)(100 words or fewer)

I have a great passion for music. It provides me with satisfaction that I hardly find in other activities. Listening to it disconnects me from the outside world and from my stressful life. When I'm tense, I plug in my earphones and listen to my favorite bands. This single act reliefs all my stress and anxieties. Furthermore, when my academic activities drain all my energy, I often grab my guitar. Playing it amuses and reliefs me, as if my stress flows out of my body with every single note I play and with every single strum I make. Music is like a new world for me, a world where I reach a state of peacefulness and tranquility.

#3 What attribute of your personality are you most proud of, and how has it impacted your life so far? This could be your creativity, effective leadership, sense of humor, integrity, or anything else you'd like to tell us about.

I was nine years old; I was crying because I couldn't memorize the capitals of all the American countries for a test I had the next day. It seemed impossible for me to retain all the information in my head, but soon I realized that crying and stressing out was not the solution. I calmed down and pondered on an advice my dad once gave me: "Never block yourself in front of difficult situations" Suddenly, I dried up my tears, cleared my mind, and focused on the test material. The next day I got an excellent grade on my test. That one little grade on the test didn't really matter, but what really matters is that it ignited in me the aspect of my personality that I am presently most proud of: perseverance.

Many times in my academic and personal life I've been a the point of surrender, but I always focus on my goals, reflect upon what is stopping me, and try to come up with a solution. When I was in eighth grade I had to do a science fair project about the chemical element of palladium and its effects on nature. The experiment I intended to perform required the use of a piece of palladium, but it was scarce in my country. I looked in every store, and finally was able to find one, just a day before the experiment was due. That night I stood up until 3:00 AM making my experiment work. The next day I won 2nd place in the science fair, proving to me that my perseverance has opened my path to success.

#4 Describe the world you come from; for example, your family, clubs, school, community, city, or town. How has that world shaped your dreams and aspirations?

I was raised in a country where...

Any suggestions, corrections (in grammar, context, transition of ideas, smoothness, out-of-topic, too broad, too narrow, ANYTHING) is welcomed! Thanks a lot in advance! :)
perplexity215 3 / 17  
20 words over the limit is fine for MIT. Even 50 words over the limit is fine as long as its not fluff.

Suddenly, I dried up my tears, cleared my mind, and focused on the test material. The next day I got an excellent grade on my test.

i think here you can add a sentence or two about what you did after you "dried up my tears, cleared my mind, and focused on the test material." To me, it sounded very sudden from that to the grade. make it smoother

Home / Undergraduate / (passion for music) MIT World+ Personality (focus on my goals) + Pleasure Prompts!