Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

A passion for performing in front of people - Personal Statement Essay

shan00ts 4 / 5  
I am writing a personal essay statement and I just wanted someone to read it ad critique it for me. Thank you!!!

Ever since I was a little girl I have always had a passion for performing in front of people and being on stage. When I was three years old I began dancing and for the duration of the thirteen years that I remained dancing, not once did I endure a slight moment of stage-fright. Surprisingly as a college student, I continue to perform but in lieu of dancing, I cheerlead. Anyone reading this would undoubtedly surmise then, that I have no problem being in front of a camera. To their disbelief, and mine as well, I am scared witless of having to appear on camera.

When I acquaint people with my desire to be a broadcasting major, virtually everyone deduces that I aspire to be in front of the camera, perhaps as a news anchor. While that would be congenial, I am more interested in the "behind the scenes" aspect of broadcasting. In my perfect world, I imagine myself as a substantial Hollywood director. However unattainable my dream seems, I am confident that I can work my way to it. Even if I do not end up being a director for Hollywood films, I would just as much enjoy directing Independent films or shows for television.

Keeping my ambition in mind, I am willing to do all I can to fulfill it. Prior to my graduation from the County College of Morris, I would like to have interned at a broadcasting station or studio. Subsequent to my graduation, my intention is to transfer to a four-year institution, ideally in Florida, California, or New York. While there, I hope to accomplish supplementary internships and obtain my Bachelor's Degree in broadcasting. Fortunately, my passion for learning does not stop there. Following undergraduate school, I am going to enroll in a graduate program and receive my Master's Degree. Throughout the course of my studies, I would like to explore different job opportunities in my field and eventually find a worthwhile job.

The field of broadcasting is an extremely competitive one. I know that I am going to have to start at the very bottom and work my way up but nevertheless, I am willing to do it. There is a line in the song "Stand Up," which is sung by various female artists in an attempt to raise awareness for cancer, that I relate to dreams: "I'm telling you that things get better through whatever, if you fall, dust if off don't let up. Don't you know you can be your own miracle?" Even though the song is about cancer, I feel that it can relate to anyone with a dream. What this line is telling people is that no matter how bad things may get, you can always make them better for yourself. When you have a dream, such as mine to be a movie director, you can accomplish it through your own hard work.

Home / Undergraduate / A passion for performing in front of people - Personal Statement Essay