I'm passionately aiming for a Psychology major. "How can you benefit from the education at AUC?"

ChA 1 / -  
Choosing a university that provides what a person needs to achieve his life goals is a huge decision to make, it will affect the quality of a his life in every aspect possible, and that's why I'm considering The American University in Cairo as my first choice.

As I was growing up, I've always loved observing people's behaviors, listening to them and try to understand and analyze their thoughts and emotions, and most importantly: why do they behave and think in a certain way?

Our minds are extremely powerful weapons, every emotion or thought stimulated has an amazingly effect on our response to a certain situation, I believe in the importance of Psychology to change people's lives and perspectives to get the best out of every potential a human being has, and that's why I'm passionately aiming for a Psychology major.

The American University in Cairo is known for its highly educational quality, encouraging students for research, discussions, and their highly demanding curriculum that triggers the improvement of critical thinking skills, which in a highly demanding and progressing world as ours, is tremendously needed, and being in a such competitive and serious environment, will be a non stopping source of motivation to prove myself and quench my thirst of knowledge.

In addition, the socializing environment of the university including more than 100 different nationalities, is a great way to widen up a person's network, which will play a major role in my personality development. Also, the variety of activities that the university provides, where selflessness, time management, and teamwork skills are gained.

The fact of being able to double major, is a great opportunity for me to seek not only my passion of studying human behavior and mental process, but also seek my enormous passion for music and performance.

I've been taking piano lessons for over 9 years, and I am a classically trained vocalist. I've performed in several places such as Alexandria's Library and Alexandria's Opera House, and being a good musician needs a highly creative mind and the use of every buried potential a person have, which I believe that I'll find this kind of excellent guidance with the professors in the American University in Cairo to reach my maximum potentials.

Furthermore, the possibility of seeking a postgraduate degree abroad, and the internship fair that's provided to help exposure to real jobs experiences, make a "not to be missed" opportunities, which play a very effective role in a persons career.

I'm choosing The American University of Cairo, aware of the hard-work and commitment that I'll have to make, to get the most potentials out of myself.
Nour, you have spent so much time discussing things about the university that the admissions officer already knows about. You only discussed your interest and benefits of studying at AUC in the second to the last paragraph of your essay. This is not an essay that will interest the admissions officer because you have not properly addressed the issue given as a topic. You are being asked to discuss how you will benefit from an AUC education. Therefore, rehashing the information about the university is not going to help your application. You also seem to be discussing 2 majors instead of one in this essay. You need to clean it up. I would suggest that you concentrate more on delivering your answer as to the benefits that you perceive you will be receiving from the education that AUC offers in relation to your chosen major. Is your chosen major Psychology or Music? You present a discussion about both. Pick one and build upon it. Then post the essay in this thread again so we can help you by reviewing it again :-)
admission2012 - / 477 90  
Hello,

Whenever you write a SOP or LOI for a university, you should always try to be as specific as possible. Connect the resources available at that institution with plans that you have for your future. For example, since you want to study psychology, you should try to connect laboratories, trials, clinics, professors, classes, etc that the AUC has that would be hard to find at another university in the region. Once you do this, the adcom will look at your application in a much more positive light. We can help - Admissions Advice Online

Home / Undergraduate / I'm passionately aiming for a Psychology major. "How can you benefit from the education at AUC?"