"a patch board toy" - my "why physics" essay

zzlbigbeard 1 / -  
Please help me with my "why physics" essay. Thanks a lot!!!!

This is an essay intended to show why i choose physics as my major.
My first "toy" is a patch board which enabled recorders and televisions to work after plugged in the sockets. "How does it make them work?" I was eager to figure out the question. The My first "surgery" on patch board made me thrilled. Those tangled electronic circuits awed me. I tried to dissemble the components and then reassemble them. After thatThen, I linked the patch board to a TV set and the TV worked! I successfully completed my first physics research! Unexpectedly however, my grandma got an electric shock of the wire left by me when she stepped near to see my "harvest". I was punished, but the mighty power of the patch board spurred my curiosity. Afterwards, my room turned to a "lab" which was crowded with electric appliances I had experiments on.

In junior high school, I was selected into Physics Competition Class due to my talent for science subjects, especially physics. During that period, I devoted so much of myself to physics studying that I even felt relieved when I saweeing the twinkling lights on my way home after the night Competition Class. At last, I entered the final of physics competition, breaking the record of my school. From then on, I confirmed that I belonged to the world of Physics.

I love not only physics itself, but also the practice of physics knowledge. As a member of Honor Physics Science Class in my high school (4/396), I engaged in the application of physics knowledge, through which I directly experienced the charm of physics. Physics is of great importance, ranging from solving problems in daily life to understanding how the world and the universe shape, and its power to change life fascinates me. Thus, I am determined to dedicate myself to broad and profound physics study and advanced research inat Rice University. I will also try my best to turn the theoretical knowledge I learn inat Rice to practical products in real life, which is the spirit of science.
Codric - / 17  
It's a nice essay, but you'll still need a little more at the beginning to set up your essay. I've made some changes you can consider, you might get some inspiration of your own to give it sound more like a narrator writing in the first person. Perhaps you could look at published journals or autobiographies for examples of how to give voice without sacrificing professionalism.

My first "toy" is a patch board which enabled recorders and televisions to work after plugged in the sockets. "How does it make them work?" I was eager to figure out the question. My first "surgery" on patch board made me thrilled. Those tangled electronic circuits awed me. I tried to dissemble the components and then reassemble them. After that , I linked the patch board to a TV set and the TV worked! I had successfully completed my first physics research! Unexpectedly however, my grandma got an electric shock of the wire left by me when she stepped near to see my "harvest". I was punished, but the mighty power of the patch board spurred my curiosity. Afterwards, my room turned to a "lab" which was crowded with electric appliances I had experiments on.

In junior high school, I was selected into Physics Competition Class due to my talent and affinity for science subjects , particularly physics. During that period, I devoted so much of myself to physics studying that I even felt relieved when I soldering the twinkling lights on my way home after the night's Competition Class. At last, I entered the final of PCC , breaking the record of my school. From then on, I felt confirmed that I belonged to the world of physics.

I love not only physics itself, but also the application of it's principals . As a member of Honor Physics Science Class in my high school (4/396), I engaged in the application of physics knowledge, through which I directly experienced the charm of physics. Physics is of great importance, ranging from solving problems in daily life to understanding how the world and the universe shape, and its power to change life fascinates me. Thus, I am determined to dedicate myself to broad and profound physics study and advanced research at Rice University. I am incredibly eager to turn the theoretical knowledge I learn at Rice to practical products in real life, which is the spirit of science.

Good luck!
Cameron P

Home / Undergraduate / "a patch board toy" - my "why physics" essay