'Patience; are you almost done with your drawing?'- applytexas essay

aden 1 / -  
Aden Tadese

prompt:There may be personal information that you want considered as part of your admissions application. Write an essay describing that information. You might include exceptional hardships, challenges, or opportunities that have shaped or impacted your abilities or academic credentials, personal responsibilities, exceptional achievements or talents, educational goals, or ways in which you might contribute to an institution committed to creating a diverse learning environment.

Patience

"Aden, are you almost done with your drawing? You know that the due date is near," my eight grade teacher, Ms. Gutierrez, reminded me.

"Oh, I'll take my drawing home and work on it over winter break," I replied.

I have been told many times by my art teacher and students that I take a long time to finish a piece of art, but that's the price I pay for quality. In this day and age, technology is so advanced that people are so used to everything being fast. While there are certainly things that are better done quickly, I believe that some things take time to perfect.

My sixth grade art teacher, Coach Blanks, told me, "Aden, don't rush your drawing; take your time until it is perfect." From then on my drawings turned out beautifully because I took the time to perfect them.

I took my drawing home and carefully drew during the winter break. Once I came back to school, I knew that the deadline was creeping towards me. I stayed after school in my art class to use paint and color pencil on my artwork in order to finish it.

When that was all finished, I finally turned in my drawing. In no time at all, the results of the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards contest were in. I was astonished to find out that I won a silver key! I was so excited that I hugged my teacher and called my parents to tell them the good news. All the silver key winners were invited to an art showcase in the art gallery at Texas Art's Supply.

The day of the art showcase, my family and I went to the art gallery for the celebration. While I was there, I took some pictures next to my artwork and my sister did as well. I noticed that most of the artwork was done by high school students, which made me feel confident about my artistic capabilities.

Towards the end of the celebration, everyone took a seat. All the silver key winners were called up one by one to receive their award. When my name was called, I got up from my seat and happily accepted my silver key. As I walked back to my seat, holding it in my hand, I thought about how lucky I was to have this amazing opportunity. Even though many of the other winners had years of experience, I had the patience to get my job done. This experience taught me that hard work and time well spent can be rewarding.
In this day and age, technology is so advanced that people are so used to everything being fast.

I stayed after school in my art class to use paint and color pencils on my artwork in order to finish it.

While I was there, I had some pictures taken next to my artwork and my sister did as well.

I noticed that most of the artwork was done by high school students, which made me feel confident in my artistic capabilities.

All the silver key winners were called up one by one to receive their awards .

As I walked back to my seat, holding it in my hand, I thought about how lucky I was to have had this amazing opportunity.

Even though many of the other winners had years of experience, I'd had the patience to get my job done.

Great essay! Good luck with school and have fun!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'Patience; are you almost done with your drawing?'- applytexas essay