patient who made a strong impact on me.

arnela123 2 / 13  

Health and Nursing / Patient Paper

The health assisting program in my high school has given me an amazing experience that made an impact on me to even have a greater passion for nursing. It is a vocational high school's most competitive program to obtain into. (to get into) Before I even knew I would enter the health assisting program, I had told myself, "even if I don't get chosen to be in this program, I still want to be a nurse and I will not let anything stand in my way in what I have passion for". Unbelievably, I had achieved my first step towards my future. I entered the program with excellent grades (GPA) at the end of my freshman year and I have stayed in the program all through the end of my senior year in high school. In the four years of the health assisting program, I managed to build great experiences at six different clinicals with my instructors and most importantly with the patients I interacted with. The experience of practicing how to provide great care and how to interact with patients has given me inspiration to be furthermore interested in nursing.

I had many experiences that led me to my achievement. As just a student in high school, I learned how to practice great quality care on elderly patients, and how to interact with patients. My experience in the hospitals and clinics as a student nurse assistant made me realize that I have a potential and desire to help people. Helping others makes me feel like I have acomplished more than enough. I was able to work with different kinds of patients and to see the challenge of hard work. I appreciated that and I always will because great accomplishments come through challanges. (or - the challanges bring great accomplishments in the end-) In which, I have made that accomplishment, because my instructors have seen the way I provide care and my way of interacting with patients has let them see that I can be a great nurse someday. At the end of my junior year in the health assisting program, I achieved an amazing certificat in what I worked hard for to earn. Now I am licenced as certified nurse assistant (CNA).

The health assisting program has made a great impact on me. It has motivated me to learn more about patient care. The program has showed me the idea of the health care in the real world. An impact that had an inspirational moment had happened in the clinical where I took care of a patient with a great belief that little help can go a long way. Everyday, I walk into her room feeling enthusiastic. I would take great and gentle care of her and after I was done she greatly would always say to me " thank you". I could not understand she would always thanked me. You ask me why I could not understand it, because she was so greatful with the care I had provided for her. I realized that just a little help to someone, can make a big difference in their life. My experince with that patient has inspired me so much to become a great nurse. I believe that cure for many of the people's ailments is not just medicine, it is the care that they recieve as patients in hospitals and their home.

I have achieved so much towards my future. I had tremendous experiences in the hospitals and clinics that made an enormous impact on me and have motivated me to be interested in the health care. The accomplishments I have achieved are leading me to the career I am about to pursue. The journey throughout this program has enormously given me more passion towards my future in nursing.
u08 1 / 2  
Hi,

Just thought some changes would make your first paragraph sound better, it is up to you if you want to make these changes. ^^

It is a vocational high school's most competitive program to obtain into. (to get into) ---> The admission to the program is the most competitive in my vocational high school.

Before I even knew I wouldCOULD enter the health assisting program

The experience of practicing how to provide great care and how to interact with patients has given me inspiration to be furthermore interested in nursing. ---> The experience of providing great care and interacting with patients furthermore fuel my passion for nursing.

I have to rush to school so I couldn't edit further, but I believe organizing your sentences for better flow and reduce repetitions of what you have already mentioned would be good.
OP arnela123 2 / 13  
Thanks!
it was my first draft and i dont know where ot go from here!!!
i need to change my intro-- it does not catch a readers eye.! not even mine ...
dynamo 2 / 3  
...and how to interact with them... (2nd Para)-Just sounds better this way

... with different kinds of patients and see just how challenging hard work is... (2nd Para)- Just sounds better this way too

It has motivated me to learn more about patient care and has given me an idea of health care in the real world. (3rd Para)

Home / Undergraduate / patient who made a strong impact on me.