Peace Corps Resume Help with clarity, Spelling/Grammar and proofreading.

collegebound28 13 / 22  
Hi, I am applying to the Peace Corps for education and it would be great if another set of eyes could check my resume over for clarity as well as spelling/grammar! Thanks so Much!

EDUCATION EXPERIENCE

English Opens Doors Los Lagos, Chile
Volunteer ESL Teacher
April 18 2016 - November 26, 2016 | 35 hours per week

Planned and taught ESL to students ages 14 to 18, emphasizing speaking and listening.

Managed classes ranging from 10 to 23 students with a variety of English levels.

Engaged students through interactive classroom activities to increase both student motivation as well as speaking and listening skills.

Developed and implemented activities for after-school English Club to engage students outside the classroom.

Worked with a Chilean teachers network to develop English activities in the community.

LANGUAGES

French: Fluent

Relevant Coursework:

201 Intermediate French I
202 Intermediate French II
300 Practical Oral Expression
300 Practical Written Expression
300 French Grammar
300 Study of Contemporary French Life
300 Study of Literary Texts
301 French Comp and Conversation
302 French Comp and Conversation II
376 French Literature after 1800
400 Practice Of Creative Writing

Spanish

Spent eight months living with a Chilean host family, in a Spanish speaking community with few English speakers.

EDUCATION

State University of New York at New Paltz New Paltz, NY
August 2011 - May 2015
B.A. International Relations

Center for Applied Linguistics Besançon, France
September 2014 - December 2014
Study Abroad: Courses in French society, culture and language.

VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES / INTERNSHIPS

Bideawee Animal Shelter Wantagh, NY
Animal Care Volunteer
May 2013-August 2013 | 40 hours per week during Summer

Carried out daily maintenance tasks to ensure cleanliness of the kennel.

Adhered to health and safety standards to ensure health and well being of the kennel.

Old Sturbridge Village Museum Sturbridge, Massachusetts
Museum Education
June 2016-August 2016 | 40 hours per week

Created an interesting and exciting environment for visitors to learn about 19th century life.

Responded to visitor questions about demonstrations and exhibit space.

Work in village farm gardens and carry out weekly cheese-making demonstrations.

WORK HISTORY West Babylon, NY

F.W. Sims HVAC Contractors
Administrative Assistant
September 2015 - April 2016 | 40 hours per week

Using excellent grammar and spelling skills to type communications with customers and vendors.

Multitasking in a fast paced environment to carry out general office work and provide support to other departments.

Responsible for stocking office supplies and organizing materials to be sent to field sites.

HOBBIES

Knitting

Gardening

Embroidery

Sewing
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi Danielle,

It is nice to see a thread that is quite different from others. I would like to try my best to help you with clarity, spelling/grammar, and proofreading just like you said earlier. You can see them in the detailed descriptions below. I hope it would be helpful. :)

- ... from 10 to 23 students with a variety ofvarious English levels
- ... classroom activities to increase bothstudents' motivation as well as ... (the word "both" seems stand alone. it is better to omit it.)
- Developed and implemented activities for after-school English Club activities to engage students in learning some activities outside the classroom.
- Worked with a Chilean teachers (if it is plural, the usage of article "a" is unnecessary) network to develop ...
- Responded to visitorvisitors' questions about...
- Worked in village farm gardens and carrycarried out weekly cheese-making demonstrations. (this should be in a past form right?)

However, I have no idea why in the last work history (September 2016 - April 2016) you omitted the time signal or you didn't use past tense anymore. If it should be in the past form, perhaps these modifications would be helpful.

- UsingMaintained the usage of excellent grammar and spelling skills while typing to type communicationscommunicate with customers and vendors,
- MultitaskingMulti-tasked in a fast...
- Had a responsibility to stockResponsible for stocking office supplies and organizingorganize materials to be sent to field sites.

Cheers :)

Home / Undergraduate / Peace Corps Resume Help with clarity, Spelling/Grammar and proofreading.