The Peanuts Comic Strip - my passion

jrm5194 1 / -  
"Good Grief!" No, I am not crying out in frustration because I have to write this essay and I am sure that you would never think that. I know exactly what came to your mind when you heard that phrase. You fondly remembered good ol' Charlie Brown from the beloved Peanuts comic strip.

The Peanuts Comic Strip has been one of my passions since I was young. Although I was not aware when I was a child, this comic strip contains valuable insights to life. The words of the characters not only provide entertainment but they teach real, valuable life lessons. Each of the characters, in his own way, has taught me precious lessons.

One of my favorite characters, Linus Van Pelt, has shown me that while it is a good thing to have strong beliefs, it is more important to be willing to learn and grow. As I have matured, I have become a person who loves hold strong beliefs but to learn and grow as well.. When I believe in a cause I do not believe in it because I know that it is what is popular, I believe in it because I know it is what is right. I am not someone, though, who will be so stubborn that I will be unwilling to change my views. In the comic strip, even if people told Linus that the Great Pumpkin did not exist he still slept out in that cold pumpkin patch and missed tricks or treats each Halloween. While Linus may have been a little too stubborn, I still try to think of everything that I believe in, like Linus does of the great pumpkin, as something worth fighting for.

Charlie Brown, the scapegoat of everyone's problems and brunt of everyone's jokes has shown me, even in his struggles that I should always try again even if I do not succeed that first time. This lesson may seem like something that has been ingrained in my head since I was a child, but I still believe it is one of the most important lessons that can be taught. I know through experience that hard work pays off. When I made the varsity basketball team as a sophomore, I was extremely excited to be playing with the more experienced players. I was so grateful to even get to step onto the court, but soon I had a rude awakening. I became a dreaded "bench warmer." I was devastated, but I continued working hard and I earned more playing time thanks to my efforts.

Snoopy, Charlie's beloved dog has a vivid imagination which has provided me countless laughs along with valuable lessons. I am illiterate in the languages of math and science. Just when I thought there was no hope for me in a world that is so oriented towards these subjects, Snoopy showed me that it is okay to daydream and imagine. Throughout my life I have loved art. I am fascinated by well-designed images and layouts. I actually enjoy spending time browsing websites completely devoted to logos (I know, what teenager in high school does that?). Snoopy has shown me that it is okay to imagine his wisdom is a reason why I have chosen to pursue a profession in graphic design, a career I have wanted to pursue since I was twelve years old, oddly enough.

It is interesting how influenced I was by a comic strip I was exposed to at a young age. Thankfully, through this comic strip I was exposed to something that has helped me learn and grow. The Peanuts comic strip has taught me countless lessons and guided me through life so far. So thank you to all of the peanuts characters, and Charlie Brown? You truly are a good man!
SecretAgent94 1 / 2  
Divide it into paragraphs but its great other than that.

Home / Undergraduate / The Peanuts Comic Strip - my passion