'Pennsylvania was where I wanted to spend my life' Lehigh Supplement Unique Aspect

maryp630 7 / 20  
What unique aspect of Lehigh most interests you? (As a guideline, your response should be between 150-250words.)
There are many things that draw me to Lehigh. But the key aspect of the school that caught my attention immediately once I heard about it was the location. The wind was flowing freely through my hair as I rode up to the top of the hill. "I'm the queen of the world!" I shouted as I rode down the hill. At a mere nine years old, I decided Pennsylvania was where I wanted to spend the rest of my life. My family and I were forced to move out of New York because my dad had lost his job. I would have never thought that good could come from such a traumatic event. When we moved back to New York, I vowed to go back to Pennsylvania. The feeling of freedom was something that I know New York didn't have. Being that Lehigh is in the same town that I once lived in is something very special to me. I know that I will feel at home in this campus. Another unique aspect that caught my attention right away about Lehigh was its student life. The fact that you can make the most out of your college experience really astounded me. Especially when I heard about Late Night Lehigh. These types of activities allow for students to express themselves and meet new people. I love the fact that Lehigh offers so many different clubs and activities for students to learn about themselves along the way. I know that if admitted to Lehigh, I will get the opportunity to try the sports I was not able to do while in High School. I know that I will be able to grow as a person and with these activities I will be able to learn about myself. I can go on about how Lehigh has a great Leadership Program and how it offers so many fraternities and sororities. These qualities are only one of many astounding elements that make Lehigh, Lehigh. Once I learned about this, I knew that Lehigh was the college for me.
altang1 3 / 10  
There are many things that draw me to Lehigh, but the key aspect of the school that caught my attention immediately once I heard about it was its location. (either add a transition or just start a new paragraph from here to distinguish that you are going to go into your experience

The wind was flowing freely through my hair as I rode up to the top of the hill. "I'm the queen of the world, " I shouted as I rode down the hill, hair flowing freely behind me . At a mere age of nine , I had decided Pennsylvania was where I wanted to spend the rest of my life. I was originally from New York, but because my father lost his job, my family and I were forced to move to Pennsylvania. I would have never thought that good could come from such a traumatic (too strong of a word) event. When we moved back to New York, I vowed toreturn to Pennsylvania. The feeling of freedom was something that I know New York didn't have.

Being that Lehigh is in the same town that I once lived in is something very special to me. I know that I will feel at home in this campus.

Another unique aspect that caught my attention right away about Lehigh was its student life. The fact that you can make the most out of your college experience really astounded me. (Strange sentence. It might be because you used "you". Either cut it or reword. Also, you making the most out of your college experience isn't really related to Lehigh. You can reword, however, to make it sound like Lehigh give you the most out of your next four years.) Especially when I heard about Late Night Lehigh. These types of activities allow for students to express themselves and meet new people. I love the fact that Lehigh offers so many different clubs and activities for students to learn about themselves along the way. I know that if admitted to Lehigh, I will get the opportunity to try the sports I was not able to do while in High School. I know that I will be able to grow as a person and with these activities I will be able to learn about myself. I can go on about how Lehigh has a great Leadership Program and how it offers so many fraternities and sororities. (If the leadership program and sororities influenced your decision to apply to Lehigh, go on about it. I'd say cut out the "experience" paragraph and elaborate on this) These qualities are only one of many astounding elements that make Lehigh, Lehigh. Once I learned about this, I knew that Lehigh was the college for me.

Overall, you have good points here and there but just needs some more elaborating and rewording! Good luck :)
stars93 2 / 3  
Sorry to break it to you but word limit?

Home / Undergraduate / 'Pennsylvania was where I wanted to spend my life' Lehigh Supplement Unique Aspect