People come and go; It is all about attitude/ Person who had an impact on me

joignags 1 / -  
"Write an essay in which you tell us about someone who has made an impact on your life and explain how and why this person is important to you."

This is my essay, please give some helpful pointers! Thanks a lot.

During my life, I have met hundreds, maybe thousands of people. People come and go, there is always someone new to meet and there is always someone that leaves away from your life. Although, there are only a few that make such a great impact on your life that they get to stay there forever, it doesn't matter if they are physically with you or they're just in your mind, what matters is what you learned from them. There is one particular man that even though I haven't seen him for almost five years, I have him very present in my life because he taught me something that changed my mind completely. He's name is Juris Green, and he is the head coach of The Woodlands High School Track & Field and Cross Country programs.

On 2007 my family and I went to live in The Woodlands, TX for one year, so that my siblings and I had the opportunity to learn English and get to live in the United States. I had just started 7th grade and I was in the cross-country team of the school. Back then; Coach Green was the Head Coach of the Junior High School where I was studying. He was a great person, always supporting and demanding the best effort. I remember he was always talking about attitude, every speech he gave would finish with the quote "it is all about attitude guys". At first I did not pay much attention to the message, but later on it made sense to me. It was on a race day, that I was so nervous to compete that I told the assistant coach I was sick and I couldn't compete. Ten minutes later, just a couple of minutes before the race started I saw the assistant coach talking to Coach Green, after that, I just heard coach green calling me, I was very scared, I though he would be mad, and he would punish me for lying. But what he told me was the complete opposite. He asked me why I didn't wanted to run, I told him that I was afraid of losing. He said, -Why? You're one of the greatest in the team, you have more chances of wining than losing, look at the other guys, you're better than most of them and yet, they are eager to give their best- I couldn't answer that. Then he said, you change that attitude right now and go out there to give your best. After he said that, I felt that I was in an inspirational movie. Finally I did as he said and came second place. I went with him and just thanked him.

It is not because I came second in the race that I chose Coach Green as a person that has impacted my life; it is because of he's speeches about attitude and all that I learned from that, that I did. Changing my attitude that day made me open my eyes and realize that it truly is all about having a positive attitude before things. I now use that quote for everything and it has helped me a lot. He is important to me because whenever I have a lot of homework or I don't like something I remember him and hear him say, "It is all about attitude, attitude can make today be the worst or the best day. Make it the best".
and there is always someone that leaveswho walks away from your life.

it doesn't matter if they are physically with you or they're just in your mindthoughts ,

There is one particular manperson

he taught me something that changed my mindcharacter completely.

He'sHis name is Juris Green
deep9012 1 / 2  
It's moreover looking like a story not an essay to me....try to write in a essay format structure

Home / Undergraduate / People come and go; It is all about attitude/ Person who had an impact on me