"People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public."

fs21 1 / -  
I'm an international student applying for some of the U.S. univesities. The common application reqires an essay. can I have your opininon, suggastions, editings about it please!

Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.

The smell of the new dyed walls that conquered my nose, the massive green garden which stole my thought and mind. Here comes our new home, where I started the most interesting chapter of my life which is my childhood. In fact, childhood is the most effective stage in one's life. Furthermore, people move on to another stage differently, were most girls reach their adulthood through puberty. I on the other hand, reached adulthood in a completely unique way, which is having a nephew that made me feel mature.

Luckily, I am the youngest child of my parents. My needs were not asked but commanded. Unfortunately, all my elder sisters were married and away from home. One day, in the afternoon, I was sitting next to my mother to do my daily home works. Suddenly, the phone rang delivering the God's gift to us, a new member extending our family. Two days after the big event, my sister is finally here to spend forty days in a row with us. Following a common Arab tradition, when the women delivers, she must spend the subsequent forty days at her parents' house, so her mother could take care of her until she regain her well back. Early in the morning, the sound of a crying-newborn baby woke me up, while my sister was in the restroom, I thought I could do something to turn this crying into laughter. I started singing and immediately he stopped, then I started touching his cheeks and neck and he smiled. That smile made my day back then. Day after day, everyone changed their way of treating me, I am old now and the new baby took my throne to be the king instead of me. Unfortunately, the forty days are done, and the time of saying goodbye is here already. Preparing for bed time, I started to notice the differences which the new king made to my life, no more mammy to help me put on my pajamas and read me a short story before sleeping. Eventually, I accepted the change, which I am an adult and I should act accordingly.

In conclusion, as what Bryan White said, "People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public." Sometimes unexpected events could cause a huge transition, where mini creatures play a main roles in it.
miraheta 5 / 10 1  
The smell of the new dyed walls thatfreshly painted walls conquered my nose, and the massive green garden which stole my thought and mind. Here comes our new home, where I started the most interesting chapter of my life which is my childhood. In fact, childhood is the most effective stage in one's life. Furthermore, people move on to another stage differently, were most girls reach their adulthood through puberty. I on the other hand, reached adulthood in a completely unique way, which is having a nephew that made me feel mature.

Luckily, I am the youngest child of my parents' . My needs were not asked but commanded. Unfortunately, all my elder sisters were married and away from home. One day, in the afternoon, I was sitting next to my mother to do my daily home works. Suddenly, the phone rang delivering the God's gift to us, a new member extending our family. Two days after the big event, my sister is finally here to spend forty days in a row with us. Following a common Arab tradition, when the women delivers, she must spend the subsequent forty days at her parents' house, so her mother could take care of her until she regain her well backregains her health . Early in the morning, the sound of a crying-newborn baby woke me up, while my sister was in the restroom, I thought I could do something to turn this crying into laughter. I started singing and immediately he stopped, then I started touching his cheeks and neck and he smiled. That smile made my day back then. Day after day, everyone changed their way of treating me, I am old now and the new baby took my throne to be the king instead of me. Unfortunately, the forty days are done, and the time of saying goodbye is here already. Preparing for bed time, I started to notice the differences which the new king made to my life, no more mammy to help me put on my pajamas and read me a short story before sleeping. Eventually, I accepted the change, which I am an adult and I should act accordingly.

The idea here is very good. However, the prompt asks about how one acts in public. You essay revolves on your actions within your home and just around your family. Perhaps try to add an anecdote of when you were perceived as no longer a child to the rest of the world.

Home / Undergraduate / "People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public."