I am looking to perfect my skills; Why did you choose to attend Georgia Tech?

violet2000 1 / 2  
Why did you choose to attend Georgia Tech? What do you hope to contribute to our community?

During my completing years at Georgia Tech,I will take any opportunities to utilize my existing skills and talents as well as to acquire new ones. As a chemistry major and working in a lab for a global leader company I am looking to perfect my skills with one of the top public university in science. Widely recognized for the research departments, technology and innovation, Georgia Tech is the right place for me to grow academically. on my journey there, I want to join Bioscience department and help with knowledge and experience accumulated as a laboratory technician. Last but not least, holding a BS in my country I am looking for tutoring other student

s in math. Moreover, with my experience as an economist I shaped my attention to details and enhanced my leadership skills. I will continually look for activities in campus where I can offer my service.
sksbl88 - / 29 6  
Simple intro, body and conclusion. Three paragraphs of 2-4 sentences each. Try to follow that and directly answer the question in the first paragraph. You're doing something called "Burying the lead". Look it up and try to avoid that. It'll make your essay much smoother.

Check your grammar at a few sentences because they're wrong. You have the idea but just need to organize it much better and structure it more. Then correct grammar and you're fine.

1 Page is usually good and no more than 2 for the main essay.
OP violet2000 1 / 2  
Thank you!
My essay has to be 1000 characters.
sksbl88 - / 29 6  
Oh really? Then you have a lot of room to compose a nice essay. Try writing a 1 page essay for each of those questions in a very structured manner. Combine them both to see how it sounds. Write key phrases or words that define paragraphs you want to write to generate topics of discussion. It'll help organize your essay and its what I do. Then play with the sentences and structure to make it sounds "ORIGINAL" and "INTERESTING" to the reader, an admissions counselor, who gets sleepy with hundreds of these things.

My bits on that.
OP violet2000 1 / 2  
i dont understand you...my essay has to be 150 words.
im so confused right now...i do not know what to write...im not a good writer
i whoul like to add things like: participate in Biology Olympiads in high school, chemistry student of the semester in 2012 , and member of two honor societies NSCS and PTK

thanks

Home / Undergraduate / I am looking to perfect my skills; Why did you choose to attend Georgia Tech?