'pessimists and optimists' unique or interesting things about yourself -Virginia Tech

yousafsalim11 1 / -  
There are two kinds of people in this world: pessimists and optimists. One sees a glass half empty and the other half-full. I see myself looking at a glass twice as full. The unique thing about looking at a glass twice as full is that you become a visionary. For example, when a 3D television is being watched with special glasses, I create a vision where the lens of the glasses can be stretched out onto the television, therefore eliminating costly specs and letting all viewers watch 3D in action. Looking to the future and inventing this idea in my mind makes me optimistic. But there are many assets to a visionary, one being meticulous, or precise. Throughout my whole education, I have been accustomed to following a set of instructions or rubric thoroughly and self-evaluating myself after completion. Self-evaluating is hard at first but in order to overcome this, I have poise. For instance, I was waitlisted from Virginia Tech but it's not stopping me from applying again and again until I get in. Having confidence in myself creates positive radiance towards others so that they can see that this student is ready for anything.

For the past year, I have seen many of my friends either surpassing me or a few levels below me academic and college wise. But by altruistic traits, I can say to them that you're doing a great job or I have faith in you. And this is also one of the reasons I wish to attend Virginia Tech. Since everyone is a big family there, I can have somebody else say to me "I have faith in you."
msaenz 2 / 4  
I am going to be completely honest, but when I read this I thought you were trying to say something that wasn't you. I may be wrong, but you are making it sound "too good to be true". I would come up with better examples than a 3-D television fore example have you done actually something out of being visionary? Not just sitting watching TV and dreaming to have everyone watch the 3-D without glasses. Those are dreams, but you are not proving that you are visionary. Instead you should probably say something about how you invested in a company that was just starting and now you have a return profit of over 150%. That's visionary because you have done it.

I am sorry if that sounded mean, I did not mean it!
dychung7 7 / 19  
First of all, I highly recommend that you remove the part about pessimist and optimist, glass half-full or half-full, as this is extremely overused (a cliche). Plus, this is not even an unique aspect about someone. There are plenty of people who are optimists. Also, you might want to provide a different example of you being a visionary as there has been already 3-D technology developed where viewers don't require glasses. (The Nintendo 3DS has it and Toshiba already launched a no-glasses 3D TV 2 years ago). You need to improve the flow of your essay if you are going to tie all these characteristics together. Especially the last section (I have faith in you). The transition to that section is abrupt and the section itself is unclear whether you talking about yourself or about the VTech community.

Good Luck on your application and I hope you become a Hokie!
One sees a glass half empty, and the other half-full.

But there are many aspects to a visionary, one being meticulous, or precise.

Throughout my whole education, I have been accustomed to following a set of instructions or rubric thoroughly, and self-evaluating myself after completion.

For instance, I was wait listed from Virginia Tech, but it's not stopping me from applying again and again until I get in.

I really like your ending! Good luck with school!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'pessimists and optimists' unique or interesting things about yourself -Virginia Tech