Philosophy and Rochester - URoch Short Answers

nogasa 14 / 37  
So these are short answers and I wish I could write more but I'm only allowed 125 characters.

Any critiques, grammar checks, and edits will be much appreciated.

In 125 words or less, please answer the following questions.

What makes the University of Rochester a good fit for you? In answering, identify your sources of information, including any conversations you've had with Rochester faculty, staff, students, or alumni.

Living across the country from Rochester, I have little access to firsthand knowledge. However, I extensively researched online, where I read student reviews of the school as well as reports about Rochester's characteristics. I learned of its admirable push for diversity and I was thrilled to discover its open curriculum.

When my counselor heard of my plans to major in philosophy, she told me that a philosophy program's quality doesn't rest solely upon its ranking, but on class size as well. Since Rochester is both highly ranked and has a small student to faculty ratio, she recommended it as a great place for me to study. With its diverse and personal atmosphere, I think Rochester would be a great place to pursue my education.

Rochester students represent many different points of view. Each student constructs an independent study and research plan. Describe what you will contribute to Rochester's diversity of ideas, experiences, and identities. If you can, incorporate a positive past experience where you chose your own learning path, or a negative experience where you wanted to exercise more independence.

Two summers ago I discovered my interest in philosophy when I stumbled upon Zen book lying on the floor of the library. From then on I was on a philosophical quest to understand more about life, truth and existence, and I read everything from ontology to logic. I fell in love with the theories and concepts of philosophy, and began referring to them in everyday life.

I believe my understanding and passion for philosophy will allow me to become an open minded, liberal member of the student body. Ready to do and open for anything, I believe that I will be able to fully embrace all the opportunities at Rochester, and in turn will be able to contribute to the university all that I can.
OP nogasa 14 / 37  
I really do need help with this because it's due the day after tomorrow. I'll comment yours if you comment mine.
Emmerz 3 / 13  
nice essays, they were pretty well written. just a few suggestions:

on the second essay:

Ready to do and open for anything

change it to "ready and open for anything"

university all that I can.

change "all" to "everything"

Home / Undergraduate / Philosophy and Rochester - URoch Short Answers