Photography, Psychology, Biology/ Personal relationships; Why Skidmore a good match?

danimeep 8 / 25 2  
I'm having issues deciding which response I should go with. Please help & I will return every response!! Thank you xx

PROMPT: In brief, why do you feel that Skidmore is a good match for your academic and personal goals? (700 characters)

RESPONSE 1: During my visit to an off campus Skidmore event, I listened to current students discuss their activities, majors, and love for their school. Almost all of them had declared double majors-from dance and education to psychology and business. The options that are available to Skidmore's students impassioned me to further look into the school. As a photography lover, with a passion for Psychology and Biology, I have been deeply unsure of how to decide my future. I believe the opportunities that Skidmore offers will allow me to explore my interests by double majoring in Psychology and Biology, with the additional photography club where I can further develop my hobby.

RESPONSE 2: I am an individual; Skidmore recognizes that. After attending small schools my entire life, I have come to appreciate personal relationships between students and professors. I value being recognized as a person, and not just a number. I know that by transferring, I will be able to explore my passions through a variety of internships, classes, and study abroad programs among others who share similar interests. I want to attend a college that encourages me to think critically and outside of the box. I want to pursue a new chapter in my life. Skidmore will provide commitment, student recognition, and research opportunities that will impassion me to further develop myself as an individual.
OP danimeep 8 / 25 2  
Anyone?? Please help!
You've done a good job and I don't think you need much help :)

, I listened to current students discuss their activities, majors, and love for their school.

I heard the current students passionately talking about their school, activities and majors.

The options that are available to Skidmore's students impassioned me to further look into the school.

These options at Skidmore drew my attention seriously.

As a photography lover(no comma) with a passion for Psychology and Biology, I have been deeply unsure of how to decide my future.

I believe the opportunities that Skidmore offers will allow me to explore my interests by double majoring in Psychology and Biology, with the additional photography club where I can further develop my hobby.

.... break the sentence;
I believe that Skidmore offers me opportunities to explore my interests by double majoring in Psychology and Biology. Also its Photography Club would keep me inspired with my love for photograpy.
OP danimeep 8 / 25 2  
Thanks dumi! I am actually trying to decide WHICH response I should go with. Which response do you think is more interesting/well written/better to put in my application? Thanks again :)
I am actually trying to decide WHICH response I should go with.

Well.... I suggest you to combine both these ideas and write one answer. That answer would carry more points for you to convince them why you choose Skidmore. Include both your study intersts and personal relationships and networking opportunities. The more points you have, better the chances for you :)

Home / Undergraduate / Photography, Psychology, Biology/ Personal relationships; Why Skidmore a good match?