Photography- spontaneity - supplement essay

getitlow 7 / 17  
Prompt: Describe one of your interests and its importance to you

Photography- spontaneity :

I love observing phenomena that are spontaneous and unexpected; I enjoy observing the movements of everything around us and exploring their deepest natural beauty when human beings and objects harmoniously interact with one another. I am transfixed by the desire to capture these fleeting moments in a frame-though it might be small, it still reflects the truth of my surroundings and instills it with added meaning. Armed with a black-cover camera equipped with suitable lenses, and with my backpack stored with extra-rolls of camera reel, I am prepared to set off on my self-designed citywide tour in search of the best natural shots as I pursue my most long-standing interest: photography.

I often take time to travel to different places in order to experience a variety of changing perspectives. Every photographed moment has its own hidden meaning simply waiting for me to convey it to an audience. I love the natural beauty of photographs when I take candid shots, capturing the truth in people's expressions when they do not realize they are being filmed. For me, spontaneity provides purity and truth to photographs. Thus, I practice shooting people from afar, no matter where or who they are, exulting in the unexpected and coincidental; I particularly enjoy taking pictures of street-vendors, who are typical in the streets of Hanoi. I capture their warm smiles and record in my black reel their small and beautiful actions that few care to notice in the chaotic realm of daily life. To maintain the balance of light and produce a well-proportioned picture, I gently change the direction of the lens or lower and lift the focus as I rearrange the shooting angle. Doing so, I engage in a delicate dance with my subjects whose crescendo is an unforgettable image captured forever on film.
"spontaneous and unexpected" This might be a bit redundant.

A lot of the first half deals in generalities. You might want to cut down on these to make room for more specific details, along the lines of those you already have in the first half of the essay.

"I engage in a delicate dance with my subjects whose crescendo is an unforgettable image captured forever on film." This is an excellent concluding sentence.
How about like this:
Armed with a black-cover camera equipped with suitable lenses and a backpack full of extra rolls of camera reel, I am prepared to set off on my self-designed, citywide tour in search of the best natural shots as I pursue my most long-standing interest. photography .

And maybe it would be cool to not even have "photography" at the end of that sentence, because it is obvious.

You write very well!!!
fantasy 1 / 3  
Greetings,

Your writing seemed very much engaging. Though I felt some change might be necessary:
"Thus I practice photo-shooting people from a distance, irrespective of the personality, but exulting in the unexpected and co-incidental;".

The idea of "spontaneity" was a good one to notice when talking about photography. Indeed a great job!

Home / Undergraduate / Photography- spontaneity - supplement essay