Photoshopped/ Caltech Humor essay

Tardisk 1 / 2  
Prompt: Caltech students have long been known for their quirky sense of humor and creative pranks. Please describe an unusual way in which you have fun.

Most people I know use a computer for things such as word processing, social networking, and watching videos. I personally find their less common uses fascinating and oftentimes very entertaining. They are excellent platforms for various pranks: my friend and I once Photoshopped an image of an awkward, overweight teenager into every one of another friend's Facebook photos. Later in the year, during a school production, one of the actors had to wait alone underneath the set for his cue, where set up a computer to display messages telling him to do various things in the style of the movie "Saw". Computers can be entertaining through more than pranks however. Towards the start of high school, I took to computer-based musical composition. When I discovered that any recorded sound could be used in a song, I produced several songs which deviated severely from my usual work. One was made entirely of screams. Another was a rendition of "Greensleves" featuring a chorus of cats meowing.

I am currently very close to the 1000 character limit, and was hoping for recommendations on things to cut down on and a better ending.
jakk1994 2 / 22 2  
Can you make a common theme? Or pick different examples, they seem a little confusing and uncohesive.

Help me with mine?
js65438 3 / 4  
The last story with the audio seemed out of place-awkwardness.
Maybe you can take that section out and wrap-up the supplement with a common thing. Like something used for business can also be use for pleasure

Hope that helps- good luck

Home / Undergraduate / Photoshopped/ Caltech Humor essay