'AT an AP Physics class my jaw dropped' - Emory Essay

doctorgirl222 4 / 7  
I love leaving things to the last minute apparently.

Prompt:
1. What are the unique qualities of Emory University, and the specific school(s) to which you are applying (Emory College of Arts and Sciences, Oxford College, or both), that make you want to become part of Emory University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified?

On the first day of junior year I walked into my AP Physics class and my jaw dropped. Every inch of my teacher's wall was covered in banners from different colleges that past students have attended. During the break of the double period class, I roamed around the room, looking from banner to banner. One big bright, blue and white flag caught my attention. Thus began my interest in Emory University.

I had always heard of Emory as a great Business school, but when I saw students from a class of science enthusiasts found Emory to be their perfect fit, I was resolute about my decision to come here. Emory has a pre-med track plan and an excellent medical school where I can establish experience in the medical field early on. In addition to the superlative academics, the research programs offered at Emory causes me to leap with excitement. I will apply to participate in the Summer Undergraduate Research program at Emory because I cannot fathom a more interesting and fun way to spend a summer than having a mentor teach me how to conduct and carry out research that will benefit the community of science.

Giving back to my community has always been an important practice in my life. Volunteer Emory is a great program with diverse organized opportunities for service. The Action Ministries Atlanta organization grabs my attention because I believe that educating children who grow up in poverty will provide hope and inspiration for them to change their lives.
On the first day of junior year, I walked into my AP Physics class and my jaw dropped.

Emory has a pre-med track plan and an excellent medical school, where I can establish experience in the medical field early on.

In addition to the superlative academics, the research programs offered at Emory causes me to leap with excitement.

I think this was probably too late for you, but your essay is pretty great anyway. You're an excellent writer and have answered the prompts beautifully.

:)
...the research programs offered at Emory cause or caused me to leap with excitement.

Home / Undergraduate / 'AT an AP Physics class my jaw dropped' - Emory Essay