'pianist's fingers' - Commonapp about personal activity -- School Choir

aqedwsf 3 / 5  
Slowly and steadily, our conductor raised her left hand. The pianist's fingers began dancing and music flew out of the black, giant monster. I swallowed.

Soon she raised her right hand, and immediately the altos and basses entered. I tried my best to stand still.
The conductor winked at us so I started singing while my throat was burning. I tried to mix my voice with the chorus; soon I could not help closing my eyes, inundated by the splendor of music.

Time passed in an undetectable way. Suddenly, I realized that we were reaching the climax, in which the highest pitch for us tenors should appear. Mrs. Xiao always said I would be great, but this time I worried that a throat condition would ruin my performance.

My heart was beating ridiculously fast, my legs trembling and my hands sweating. I decided to sing without thinking, feeling a mixture of despair and hope.

I did not know what happened, but after I was fully conscious, I heard thunderous applause.

Please be harsh! Any help is welcome!
Note: I'm not a native speaker, so any advice about diction/idiom will be appreciated!
The pianist's fingers began dancing and music flew out of the black, giant monster. ---I think it would flow better as 'the giant black monster'.

The conductor winked at us, so I started singing while my throat was burning.

I tried to blend my voice with the chorus; soon I could ...

:)
ggkuma - / 1  
God has a great plan in each an everyone of us so I got an opportunity to work in the church as a full time staff since 2000. I feel a great joy and pleasure to work in the church though it is very busy compares to other sectors. I am very happy to deal and face in all kinds of task which comes towards in our ministry. I am also very happy to help as much as I can those who are in needy. But some cases the church itself could not full fill the request of church members in providing the schooling support those who are in great need. So Lord had provided Allow The Children ministries in 2003 which has been a great help for the church in providing a designated fund to the needy students of our ministry through Allow The Children and I am managing this programe on behalf of my church. And Allow The Children made a great difference in our ministry and in the family. Some of the scholars had finished their higher studies which was beyond their imagination but its because of Allow The Chidlren . And my prayer and desire is none of the family members have to interrupt their kids from the education due to financial problem.

Home / Undergraduate / 'pianist's fingers' - Commonapp about personal activity -- School Choir