"picture perfect families" - UC Prompt 1

kevpham 1 / 3  
Describe the world you come from - for example, your family, community or school - and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.

What is the meaning of life? Everyone faces this question at least one point in their life. Many contemplate about how they may seek a response and how it pertains to their lives. My answer to this question is to serve.

The world I come from, many are in need of help. My church has helped me grow and learn that my main goal in life is to serve others. Assisting the needy and lending a hand can go a long way. The church I grew up in is my family. My congregation cares for me as if I was their own. The relationships at home are not the greatest, but it has shaped who I am today. Independence is not a bad thing, it only makes me stronger. Resulting from the love I did not receive, I wish to give it out to others who are like me. As Morrie Schwartz once said, "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love..." I am passionate about all that I do and I know I can succeed in what I put my mind upon.

Backtracking to hundreds of years ago, one may see picture perfect families. Now, returning to the present, one will see 50% of families torn apart by divorce. I just recently became apart of this percentile. Growing up, I have always known that my family was nothing more then three distant relationships. My father and mother were overtime, hardworking parents. They were never home and never there. Ever since 2002, my dad's first heart attack, things got worse. Then my mom was diagnosed with cancer in 2007. Just a month ago my parents got a divorce. How has all of this shaped my dreams and aspirations you ask? It has made me stronger as a person. By being independent I have learned my strengths and weaknesses. I know what I am good at and I intend to purse it, but I also intend to improve my mediocrity.

At school, everyone is indecisive as to what they want to do in life. However, I have already chosen my career. I know what I want to do, and how I will go about doing it. I dream to become an accountant and help others with finances. My passion is to pursue in a career of which I am good at and I love doing. With this chosen path, I can not only help others, but I can practice my strengths.

From the community that I come from, everyone is successful in some way or another. They are leaders, not followers. Adults whom I have interactions with on a daily basis know where they are going in life, and they have no doubt that they will succeed. I wish to follow the footsteps of my community, and carry on with my dreams.
orange07245 1 / 6  
I like it alot. i think you should seperate your paragraphs according to the different topics.

Overall it is well written!
OP kevpham 1 / 3  
thanks i will revise it. =]
I am passionate about all that I do, and I know I can succeed in that upon which I set my mind. what I put my mind upon.

My passion is to pursue in a career of which that I am good at and I love doing.

This is great! I like it that you emphasize knowing what yoy want to do and how you want to do it.

In the community that I come from, everyone is...

Home / Undergraduate / "picture perfect families" - UC Prompt 1