'a place to learn, live, and grow' - Application Supplement- Why rice short answer

letmego 3 / 6  
Just a quick rough draft I typed up, any help is appreciated!

What motivated you to apply to Rice University? Please be specific and limit your response to 200 words.

I am drawn to Rice for many reasons. As a potential pre-med student, there are many intrinsic advantages at Rice. There is the opportunity of applying to the Rice/Baylor program, which would greatly promote my goal of going to medical school. I will be able to take advantage of Rice's proximity to the renowned Texas Medical Center, and the various opportunities for research and clinical experience in some of the best medical facilities in the world. The Wiess School of Natural Sciences is acclaimed for its undergraduate research opportunities as well as it's great programs for biology, my intended major. I love that the median class size at Rice is 15 students and that the student to faculty ratio is 6-to-1. I want a more personal, one-on-one approach to learning, and the smaller classes create a more personal learning atmosphere versus large lecture rooms. I am very partial to the unique residential college system, which is the heart of campus life and social interaction. I look forward creating close relationships in a residential college community, as opposed to the Greek fraternities and sororities present in other colleges. I want to attend an amazing college, but I want a home for four years as well. The rare combination of a place to learn, live, and grow is what motivated me to apply to Rice.
OP letmego 3 / 6  
Well the word limit is about 200, so I tried to fit in as much stuff as I could. Any particular reason why it's disorganized? I want to just explain the 3 things:premed perks, small class sizes, and the residential college system.
Bobur 5 / 29  
If you want to jump from one idea to another use " ; " sign to help the reader focus on flow of your ideas. As long as you are going to define 3 features, i recommend you to have 3 paragraphs. The volume of an essay and a number of paras should not be interconnected, as it shows the clarity.
OP letmego 3 / 6  
Well the thing is, it's not really an essay, it's a short answer. I don't think paragraphs are necessary.
missmex - / 3  
Yeah it may not be necessary, but IT IS Rice... I live in Houston btw!

Home / Undergraduate / 'a place to learn, live, and grow' - Application Supplement- Why rice short answer