"a place with one strong major option or one with numerous" - WHY I PICKED UNCW

ebenny 1 / -  
Kathy Harris Benedyk attended the university on north Carolina at Wilmington, graduated, and went on to become an amazing mother to myself and my two sisters and works as a medical technologist, a career she still has a passion for today. She retains three friends she was a roommate with at UNCW and the experiences she had still shape her thoughts and actions. My mother loved her college experience and loves to tell stories of her days on the swim team and her dorm life. A college experience will shape you for the rest of your life. The excitement and the lessons learned are what I want for my college experience at Wilmington.

As a degree becomes more important to finding a job in the "real world," so does deciding which college is right for you. Parents or a guidance counselor cannot make this decision; it is one best made independently. Students that pick a college based on their colors or sororities instead of on the experience and education as a whole are missing out. I am choosing UNCW because, for me, it has the whole package. UNCW has everything from athletics to an intense study abroad program.

Wilmington will help me grow as a person because it is not only a place of excitement but also one of comfort and safety. I already know so much about the campus and school, the change s not a drastic one for me to make.

As a little kid, my mom would take us to Wilmington for weekend trips. My favorite part was always going to see the campus. I wanted to see the dorms and lecture halls. I wanted to see where she and her friends hung out and which classroom was her favorite. I would watch all the students and long to join the inside club of "college kids." UNCW has always been my first choice.

The programs and variety of classes offered are novel and challenging. In high school, your options are limited; its something one cannot make a choice about. College is different. You can choose a place with one strong major option or one with numerous. I want to major in History and minor in European studies. In addition, if I am able, I would like to study abroad. UNCW offers all of this and more. It is a relief to know that if my passion changes I will not have to transfer colleges. Wilmington offers me many alternatives that I may find more applicable to the career of my choice. The varied majors and minors offered allow me to freely change my mind. I feel confident that I will leave Wilmington with a degree of the subject in which I will be most successful.
Capitalize that N.
north North Carolina at Wilmington, graduated, and ...

went on to become an amazing mother to myself me and my two sisters. Sh e works as a ...

A college experience will shape you for the rest of your life. No statements of the obvious!

The excitement and the lessons learned are what I want for my college experience at Wilmington.
As a degree becomes more important... as a whole are missing out.
---all this stuff is generic. It is stuff any student could write.

I am choosing UNCW because, for me, it has the whole package. UNCW has everything from athletics to an intense study abroad program.---This is getting a little better, but I still want to cut it because the same could be said about any school with sports and study abroad.

Wilmington will help me grow as .... the change s not a drastic one for me to make. not helpful

As a little kid, my mom would take us to Wilmington for weekend trips. My favorite...watch all the students and long to join the inside club of "college kids." UNCW has always been my first choice. This part is getting a lot better, because it shows how Wilmington became a part of your future as you envision it. Now I want you to show that you are familiar with the work of the professors in the department that interests you most (i.e. articles they have written, their current research, etc.)

:-) I'm sorry to criticize so much of it! Do not include any unhelpful sentences. Show that you are a person on a mission toward a clearly established goal!

Home / Undergraduate / "a place with one strong major option or one with numerous" - WHY I PICKED UNCW