"Plan ahead", "Better time management", "Always read the instruction first" - UBC personal profile.

Ereec 1 / -  
Explain how you responded to a significant challenge that you have encountered and what you learned in the process.

"Plan ahead", "Better time management", "Always read the instruction first". I can't remember how many times I have heard these three statements. For me, they became Cliché. However, in the month of January, 2015, I learned. I signed up for two online courses in the beginning of this school year. Without reading the instruction, without worrying much about these two courses, I carried on with my normal school life. Everything changed during the winter break. I finally decided to start these courses. As I read through their instructions, one sentence almost give me a heart attack. "UBC requires all online course to finish before February 1st." That means I only have one month to finish two courses! So why didn't I read the instruction before I sign up? Why didn't I plan ahead and do the courses earlier? Well it is too late to complain. I had to make a plan, manage my time better, and give myself a task everyday. Although there were frustrations, I completed them on time. Now I realized the significance behind planning, time management, and read instructions. And I believe this experience will benefit my life later on, such as university.

Thanks a lot guys

MOD comment:One prompt at one time is allowed, sorry
Depending upon the maximum word count for your response to the prompt, this is a very short essay. In fact, it is more of a statement response than an essay at this point. I advise you to reconsider the way you responded to the essay by expanding the information that you provided and offering a deeper insight into the problems that you faced and how you addressed the challenge of having to finish 2 courses in one month. Describe the way that you learned to use time management better and why you realized the importance of reading instructions first. Then end the essay by explaining how you now apply the lessons learned to your everyday life and that you believe your college life will be better off because of that problem that you faced.

Home / Undergraduate / "Plan ahead", "Better time management", "Always read the instruction first" - UBC personal profile.