'play tennis from a very early age' Duke short essay. discuss an extracurricular activity.

iPreo 3 / 9 1  
Please tell me what you think abut this essay. I am not sure about the 'this athletic experience' part, and the rest of the sentence. Is it convincing enough? Thank you

Please discuss one of your extracurricular activities that has required a particularly significant time commitment or that has played a meaningful role in your personal development. (Please limit your response to no more than 150 words.)

I have been blessed with the opportunity to be able to play tennis from a very early age. Undoubtedly, this athletic experience has had the greatest impact on my development as a person. Throughout the years, the strict lifestyle, and discipline have educated me, opening my eyes not only to the crucial importance of pursuing my dreams, and striving for success, but also to the necessity of teamwork in any achievement. It has offered me the privilege to travel to many culturally diverse places, learn from my encounters with various types of people, and establish priceless friendships. While closely observing successful players, I have consolidated my opinion that hard work, discipline, and determination are the core elements of an achievement of any kind. Even though it's been over 13 years since I was first introduced to tennis, I still embrace my daily practice sessions with the same joy and satisfaction.
Kristoria 3 / 51 1  
Very well done. I think you did a great job at showing how tennis has changed you as a person and what you learnt about life through playing the sport.
jsh0011 3 / 6 2  
I think your essay strongly convinced that tennis played a meaningful role in your life.
ck1121 2 / 2 1  
In a short amount of words, you have conveyed your message successfully. Good Job!

Home / Undergraduate / 'play tennis from a very early age' Duke short essay. discuss an extracurricular activity.