Playing sports, watching scientific documentaries: something you do for the pleasure

cf1916 5 / 13  
Prompt:
We know you lead a busy life, full of activities, many of which are required of you. Tell us about something you do for the pleasure of it. (*)(100 words or fewer)

My passage:
Being a well-balanced person seems to be impossible in this bustling world, but to me, it is not.
I manage to keep in contact with my friends. Usually, we go out to play ball games such as football, tennis and badminton. Although it makes me feel exhausted, when I think about its benefit to health and the rewarding moment when we have cold drinks and chat, I will be relaxed.

Also I love to watch my favorite scientific documentaries. I spend my time on Megastructure, Planet Earth, etc. I find lots of invaluable knowledge as well as fun in them.

- I want to ask whether it is good enough for a university essay.

- Also should I focus on one activity only?

- I appreciate your help if you can proofread the eassy for me. :D

This passgae is written by Tony Choy from Hong Kong. Copyrights reserved.
bustling world

This is a great phrase! But I think the sentence is unnecessarily wordy:
Staying balanced seems impossible in this bustling world, but to me it is not.
Above, I think it is more powerful with fewer words.

Although it makes me feel exhausted, when I think about its benefit to health and the rewarding moment when we have cold drinks and chat, I will be am relaxed.

I think your suspicion is correct: You should write about only one activity! So, choose one that really will be entertaining for the reader. The most important thing is to write something that will be interesting to read, so try to say something meaningful or clever about one activity.

I really like your first sentence.
OP cf1916 5 / 13  
Thank you your advice.
I will post my second draft soon.
Anyway, I think I have to remove the first phrase if I only write one activity for fear that the content doesnt match with the first phrase .

Home / Undergraduate / Playing sports, watching scientific documentaries: something you do for the pleasure