'Playing on the Strengths' - Transfer Student Essay for Texas A&M

Goboysgirl 1 / 2  
Playing on the Strengths

Albert Einstein once said "Everybody is a genius, but if you try to teach a fish to climb a tree then it will live its whole life believing it is stupid." Everyone has strengths to build on and everyone has their weaknesses that they have to struggle with, but as adults we have the choice as to what we want to do with our lives. Generally we choose something that favors our strengths. Starting college, I never had a doubt as to what I wanted to major in and do for the rest of my life.

Choosing a major is hard. It is probably one of the hardest things to do in life for some people. I have friends who are still undecided and that is not a bad thing, but I have always known what I wanted to do. I grew up with animals; not just the fun stuff like riding and playing with them, but also with feeding, watering, cleaning pens, and the list goes on and on. I learned from the beginning that animals are a lot of work, but the reward reaped for it is worth it. My major in Animal Science is not just because I think animals are cute, but because I want to be in the position to work with them and make a difference. Even now, as I attend Oklahoma State University I have two of my horses boarded about ten miles away, work a full time job, and make time to care for them daily and ride when I get the chance. It takes a lot of determination and time to work, keep decent grades, and also have time for the horses, and the organizations that I am a part of, but that is one of the reasons I know I am working towards the right goal. After I finish my animal science major the next big step in my life is joining the Army where I will hopefully get to work with the animals on a daily basis. My grades have to improve a lot for me to be accepted into vet school, but after my current semester at Oklahoma State, there is not a doubt in my mind that it is possible. I know that whatever may come, I am on the right track. I believe that Texas A&M will help me reach my goals and excel in my major.

Every decision we make everyday changes the course of our life. Transferring from one university to another is a huge step, but it is one that I am ready to make. I know that my determination to do well will push me forward and help me surpass the impossible and reach my goals and I believe that Texas A&M is the place to help me achieve all that is possible in life.
OP Goboysgirl 1 / 2  
Will somebody please read this and give me feedback? I know I have a lot of mistakes, but I need a place to start so any ideas to make it better would be appreciated!!
I learned from the beginning that animals are a lot of work, but the reward reaped from it is worth it.

My major in Animal Science is not just because I think animals are cute, but because I want to be in a position to work with them and make a difference.

It takes a lot of determination and time to work, keep decent grades, and also have time for the horses, ---No comma here.--- and the organizations that I am a part of, but that is one of the reasons I know I am working towards the right goal.

After I finish my animal science major, the next big step in my life is joining the Army where I will hopefully get to work with the animals on a daily basis.

Every decision we make every day ---Two words here.--- changes the course of our lives .

Transferring from one university to another is a huge step, but it is one that I am ready to take .

Have fun in school and good luck!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'Playing on the Strengths' - Transfer Student Essay for Texas A&M