"playing tennis for over ten years" - Common app short essay(1000 character maximum)

anangelaa 2 / 2  
Common Application Writing-Short Answer:
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences (1000 character maximum)

This is one of the most important essay for my college application. Thank you so much for taking time and helping me!

I have been playing tennis for over ten years. Through playing tennis I have gained many lifelong friends. Also, whenever I step onto a tennis court, I feel like I am strong enough to win. Competing in tennis has helped me to become more confident and outgoing. It was a stepping stone to being more social with others. After getting used to competing in tennis, I became more open minded and looked for ways to compete in other steps of life. Tennis gave me a newfound self-confidence to try new things and to compete. From playing and competing in tennis, I have learned that if you practice and do your best to prepare, you can win. (636 characters so far)
ladybee25 - / 3  
the person most i admire.
my mother,she have always been there for me & my brothers no matter what,all my friends & my brothers friends calls her mom because she have also been there for them,she helped & supported them when they needed eather something to eat or somewhere to sleep.my mom have been there thrue thick and thin.i thank my mother for giving me the support when i needed her the most.my mom have always been there for me & my kids,matter of fact she encourage me to go back to school and continue my education while she watch the kids... i love my mother with all my heart, she's my best friend there's no one like her....
ladybee25 - / 3  
hello, i agree with your post...
is very good :) good luck...
proTonic 1 / 1  
I have been playing tennis for over ten years. ThroughBy playing tennis I have gained many lifelong friends. It was a stepping stone to socializing with others.-more organized-Also,W henever I step onto a tennis court, I feel like I am strong enough to win. Competing in tennis has helped me to become more confident and outgoing. It was a stepping stone to being more social with others.After getting used to competing in tennisAfter competing in tennis for awhile-Sounds better- , I became more open minded and looked for ways to compete in other stepsaspects of life. Tennis gave me a newfound self-confidence to try new things and to compete. FromBy playing and competing in-repetition tennis, I have learned that if you practice and do your best to prepare, you can win. (636 characters so far)
OP anangelaa 2 / 2  
wow this sounds really good! Thank you so much!

Home / Undergraduate / "playing tennis for over ten years" - Common app short essay(1000 character maximum)