"the pleasure of teaching Qinran" -Penn reference written by my AP chem teacher

tobywashere 1 / 1  
What do you think of this reference that my AP math teacher wrote for me? Should I use it?

To the Penn Admissions Committee,
I first had the pleasure of teaching Qinran in grade 9 gifted Science then last year in grade 11 enriched/gifted Chemistry and currently in grade 12 AP Chemistry. Qinran has Consistently been our top academic student at Martingrove, earning overall proficiency in every year thus far. His academic awards and transcript are a credit to his hard work and superior intelligence. Qinran continually demonstrates excellent reasoning and problem solving skills and clearly has a limitless ability to learn.

Qinran is an extremely responsible and hard-working young man. Throughout his 4 years here, he has shown himself to be a very mature, reliable, serious student that is very focused on his studies. Qinran always seeks out answers to his questions and never lets any concept get by him. These attributes will serve him very well in University and beyond.

Qinran's academic accomplishments speak for themselves. It is impressive that he has been able to maintain such an extremely high academic average while participating in athletics and many extracurricular activities. He has taken on leadership roles in several of the clubs, most notably as the president of the high-profile environmental club. Our school is a platinum-level eco-school.

Qinran's true nature shines in his selfless devotion to his community and the environment. He has been and continues to be involved in many community based environmental projects. Whether attending conferences and symposiums, obtaining formal certifications or volunteering in school and community clean-ups, he is very active. He has continually demonstrated his concern for his community and the environment. It is impressive and inspiring to learn about Qinran's interests outside of the classroom. He is a passionate and young environmental leader and educator.

Qinran has a very likeable personality. He is intelligent, honest, very polite, respectful and articulate. These attributes have earned him the respect of his teachers and classmates. He is a very well-rounded and impressive young man.

I have enjoyed getting to know Qinran and look forward to hearing about his future successes. Qinran has definitely left his mark and has helped set the standard of excellence for which Martingrove is known. If you have questions regarding this outstanding student please don't hesitate to call (416) 397-7110 or email Daniel.Hall@tdsb.on.ca
vandergraff127 1 / 7  
If what he says is true, and you can prove your performance at school through your transcript than yes i would use it.
Yes, for sure! Very impressive. Why do you hesitate to use it? It sounds like you really earned a great recommendation, and based on that performance I bet all your other teachers would love to recommend you as well.

:-)

Maybe this should be a bulleted list:
- Qinran is an extremely responsible and hard-working young man. Throughout his...
- Qinran always seeks out answers to his questions and never lets any concept get ...
- Qinran's academic accomplishments speak for themselves. It is impressive that he ...
- Qinran's true nature shines in his selfless devotion to his community and the ...
- Qinran has a very ...

Good luck, Qinran!

Home / Undergraduate / "the pleasure of teaching Qinran" -Penn reference written by my AP chem teacher