'At that point in their lives, everything is clear and everything is possible' - The Alchemist

ticklelisaelmo 8 / 42 3  
"At that point in their lives, everything is clear and everything is possible... But, as time passes, a mysterious force begins to convince them that it will be impossible for them to realize their Personal Legend ... It's a force that appears to be negative, but actually shows you how to realize your personal legend" (Coelho 21). In The Alchemist, Santiago goes through a long journey to achieve his personal legend - to find the treasure in his recurring dream. His dream did not guarantee that he would find the treasure and his journey presented much uncertainty that he would. However, this "mysterious force" helped him realize that he wanted to achieve this dream. It did not matter that he got robbed, had to work for a crystal merchant or was held captive by warriors because he realized his personal legend. After reading this book, I recognized the importance that obstacles play in achieving goals. Those obstacles help us realize how much we want to succeed rather than how difficult it would be to. Being the first person in my family to go to college, facing difficulties is inevitable. I am uncertain of how much I can achieve, but I am determined to follow my personal legend. Sometimes it may seem as if I have no sense of guidance as to how to succeed in college; but, this is the "force" that will actually drive me to success. This force will motivate me to further my education and become someone who will have the power to give back to my community.

Did I quote correctly??
Any help is truly appreciated!
sjmzzz95 7 / 13 3  
it looks fine to me! maybe mention the title once more for clarification but it doesn't seem necessary
ethannov 2 / 12 3  
After reading this book, I recognized the importance that obstacles play in achieving goals. Those obstacles help us realize how much we want to succeed rather than how difficult it would be to

you go from I to us.

I am uncertain of how much I can achieve , but I am determined to follow my personal legend.

Whatever the challenges may be, I am determined to follow (or form?) my personal legend.

Home / Undergraduate / 'At that point in their lives, everything is clear and everything is possible' - The Alchemist